admins
updates
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� August 4th
Pregames have started! Reapings are posted in the Districts Justice Buildings. Here we go 121st!
� July 8th
The votes are tallied! Looks like the most votes were for Reaping on August 4th and Bloodbath September 15th. If you don't have a tribute yet, Sign up!121st Intent List
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

What are we doing?, Attn. Felix
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Dec 27 2017, 01:55 PM
The Ocean is Everything I want to be: Beautiful, Mysterious, wild, and free
Trainer
Emmie
District Four
Rep: 2 pts

Arroyo had stormed out of the house after calling her out on her decision to join the games. The whole situation frustrated Nixie so much that her brother and her parents were simply pushing her to want to train for the games even harder. They didn't understand. They could all say that she was the one being selfish, but she was only being selfish because they were. Her parents wanted Arroyo to go into the games and he wanted to go. She was the only one who didn't want to lose her brother it seemed.

Nixie had left the house after Arroyo did. She could have gone to the training center and taken her anger out there. It would have been quite the slap in the face to everyone else after they had all just fought about it. She couldn't bring herself to go there. It wasn't where she wanted to be. She wasn't even sure where she wanted to be anymore. It wasn't really the path she had set for herself and she didn't think it was the path that her parents wanted for her. Why was there so much pressure about everything?

She made her way down to the docks instead. They would be relatively quiet at this time in the evening, at least the section she liked to sit in and watch the sunset. That's what she was going to do now, after having wandered around the district for a little bit. She perched herself at the edge, bare feet dangling over the water. What was she going to do? She didn't want to keep fighting with Arroyo over this...but he just didn't get it.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Dec 30 2017, 07:38 PM
To the stupidity of those around you, don't take the high road, take the road that leads to success.
Career
Felix
District Four

user posted image

She was so thick, so stubborn, she was a Atwater. He had fought with his sister just moments prior about her decision to go into the games. She didn't understand. All she could see was that they were keeping her from something. She had assumed all this time that Arroyo had wanted to go to the games. He didn't want to go into the games, he wanted to stay and work on his fathers boat. He loved the water, the sea, the job that he already had. He didn't wan to be a victor. But she was such a silly girl that she didn't see that. And the fact that she wanted to go into the games made it worse. They would end up going in together and one of them would have to kill the other, worse case. But at the very least, he would have to watch his sister die or vice versa. That would really fuck someone up. He just wanted to keep his sister safe.

He slammed the door shut when he stormed off out of their home. She was so stupid! He went down to the docks, near the water. The place that he loved the most, the water, the waves, even though one of his father's workers had died on the water once. Arroyo felt alive on the water, it was the only place that he really felt like he fit, where he could be himself, he could really be who he was supposed to be. Why couldn't she understand what he was trying to tell her? He didn't want to put his sister at risk, she was too precious, too perfect. But all she saw was him being selfish, wanting the lime light. But he didn't want any of it. He wanted to smell like fish everyday, have kids and settle down with a beautiful woman, someday.

He was sitting at the end of the docks when he heard someone coming down as well. It was his sister. He sighed and looked away from her. He didn't know if she was here to talk but he didn't care, he had said what he needed to. Which wasn't true, he hadn't told her that he didn't want to go into the games or any of the other stuff he was just thinking about. But she was so stubborn, would that even help? "Here to complain some more about how we don't understand you?" He sharply.
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jan 1 2018, 12:15 AM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie had chosen to ignore her brother at first when she found him sitting where she had intended to go at the docks. She didn't want to talk to him, did she? No, what was the point? She couldn't get through to any of them. Yet, there was some desire to be near him, even if they sat being annoyed with each other in silence. Arroyo was still her brother, her best friend.

He didn't seem to want to keep things silent though. Of course he couldn't be civil. He had to make some stupid comment that only further upset her. "No, actually. I came down here for some quiet, but I assume you aren't going to let that happen?" she asked, shaking her head in annoyance. There was a bite in her words as well. One that she very purposely put there because of the way he had spoken to her.

Come on, Nixie, just tell him. There was always that part of her trying to get her to just explain it to him. To explain it in a way where he would actually have a chance at understanding her. The way she always spoke to him and their parents was never very clear. It was only partial truths. She didn't want to be the one who held Arroyo back from the games in the end though. It wasn't like she was even remotely aware that he didn't want to go.

"Why are we doing this?" Nixie asked after a moment of silently staring out over the water. She didn't look back to him when she spoke though and she mumbled the words like she wasn't really sure she wanted to say it. "Why do we always have to argue about this?" she asked, this time actually looking toward him. She was tired of the arguments about it. Why couldn't he just see that she wasn't letting him go in alone? That she couldn't, wouldn't, live without him?
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 05:56 PM
To the stupidity of those around you, don't take the high road, take the road that leads to success.
Career
Felix
District Four

Of course, he couldn't ignore his sister sitting down next to him. She didn't understand why he was pushing so hard not to go into the games. She needed to be safe, he didn't want to go sacrifice his life for honor and glory. He would rather take over the fishing business with his sister. She was annoyed that he opened his mouth but he could sit there and ignore what was at had. It was stupid for her to think that she had or needed to go into the games.

"You're damn right I'm not going to let that happen! You're being unreasonable Nix." He shook his head and looked away from her after his slight outburst. He was usually so calm and collected. He ran his hands through his hair and stared out at the water, why was so stubborn? She just couldn't let it go, she couldn't just realize that he was protecting her! Death was going to happen... "I don't want you to have..." He cut himself off and shook his head again. "forget it."

Arroyo wanted nothing more than to tell his sister that he didn't want to go into the games. He didn't want her to go in because of them had to die, and he knew he wouldn't be able to kill her if they made it to the final two. She would have to kill him and he knew that he fuck her up worse than just having him die in the games. He couldn't let that happen.

"Because you insist on being stubborn..." He sighed and knew that he was being just as stubborn as she was. "Arguing is in our nature...But we argue about this most often because you don't need to go into the games! We don't need both of us to die. Hell we don't need even one of us to die!" He looked over at her and frowned. He wanted to so badly to tell her. What he really wanted to do. Grow old have babies.....
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 01:37 PM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

These conversations with Arroyo were always so frustrating. Even more frustrating than when this was brought up with her parents. Of course he wasn't just going to let it go and let things calm down like their parents would have done at this point. He was too stubborn for that and well, she was too stubborn to really let it go now too. He was calling her unreasonable, but it was him that was being unreasonable. How dare he think it was reasonable to go into the games himself and to leave her behind? To leave her without her brother? Her best friend.

She was actually completely silent as he spoke though, something that was different from normal. Usually she would immediately start arguing back when he was saying such things, but not this time. This time she just stared out over the water, holding back her anger, frustration, and sadness while he got out whatever it was that he needed to say. She even stayed silent slightly longer after he had finished speaking before she finally spoke up.

"You are the one who is being unreasonable!" Nixie snapped the moment she opened her mouth, but she took a deep breath and let it out slowly to try and calm herself. "You really think that I should be okay with you going into the games without me? That I want to live without my brother?" she asked, looking to him with tears threatening to spill from her eyes now. He didn't get it. He just didn't get it and he was too busy telling her how wrong she was to get that.

"I can't let you go into the games by yourself! I couldn't live with myself if you didn't come back home and I had just sat here and followed mom and dad's plan for me to get married and make babies..." Nixie mumbled, looking away from him at that, wrapping her arms around herself. She wasn't even sure that was what she wanted for herself. She definitely didn't want to actually go into the games. She didn't want to settle down now either, but...she did know that she wanted Arroyo to stay here. To stay alive.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 10:12 PM
Career
Felix
District Four

Neither one of them were really understanding what the other was trying to convey to each other. If they had, they would have realized they were on the same page. She wanted to go into the games but only because he was going in, he didn't want to go in and didn't want her to go in because he didn't want either of them to die. All they had to do was talk and they would have realized that they both wanted the same thing.

Arroyo just shook his head at his sister as she snapped on him about him being unreasonable. Then the words came out and he looked at her awkwardly. "You just want..." He sighed and slid his hand across his face up into his hair and let out a sigh. "You think I want to go into these fucking games, Nix? I don't want to go, I don't want to be subjected to the hatred of those out there from other districts. I'm not a good career, I'm not the type of person that can just go out and kill a bunch of fucking kids..." He sighed and threw a rock into the water as he looked over at his sister. "I"m not trying to leave you...I would much rather just stay here, take over dads business, settle down, have a girl and have a bunch of little kids."

He let out a deep sigh and looked out across the water. "Fuck it, Nix. I say we boycott the games all together. Fuck it,
we don't go. Neither one of us....we just don't go. Even if they make us participate in the pageant, we throw it. Sabotage, we don't go. They can't make us volunteer, Nix."
He pushed himself to his feet and started pacing. It was pissed that his parents tried to separate them. Make one go to their death and the other to live without him? It was sickening. "You're right, we shouldn't be separated. Fuck em..."
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 12:59 AM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie wouldn't openly admit it, but she felt quite silly now that she realized what had been going on between the two of them this entire time. They had been so stubborn and hotheaded about this entire situation that they had failed to really listen to each other. To realize that neither of them actually wanted to go into the games and that all this arguing had been for nothing.

She sighed a bit and looked down. She wasn't really sure what to actually say to him. "I spent this entire time thinking you wanted to go into the games because mom and dad wanted you to..." she mumbled, shaking her head. "I just...I didn't want to be without you. I didn't want you to go through all of that alone." she said quietly, staring at the water, not looking at her brother at all. She felt really, really foolish. "I don't want to have to kill a bunch of kids either. I don't want to have to fight for my life." she added.

It was just weird to hear him say that he wanted to stay here, take over the business, get married and have kids of his own. She had never heard him say that before. She knew that was what her parents had wanted from her from the start. For her to get married and have a little family of her own, but the idea of that terrified her. It terrified her almost as much as going into the hunger games did.

She wrapped her arms around herself, finally looking back up at him as he continued to speak. She nodded slowly after a moment, processing what he was saying. "I never actually wanted to go into the games...but...I don't want mom and dad to start in on me about having all that stuff you just mentioned either." she mumbled. "I don't want either of us to go into the games, but I don't want to have to worry about marriage and kids either. So...I say fuck all their plans for us." she continued. She had never told Arroyo about any of this before either. She had never actually admitted it to anyone.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Feb 19 2018, 11:21 AM
Career
Felix
District Four

It was so stupid, if they had stopped being such stubborn asses and actually talked to each other, they would have known the other's story. However, Arroyo wasn't too keen on telling Nixe that he didn't want to go into the games because he had always thought he had no way out. But now that she wanted to go into the games to be with him, it was his only choice. He wasn't going to put his sister's life at risk because of what his parents wanted for him. He wanted to stay in four, he wanted to be a fisherman, he wanted sister alive and happy with doing whatever she did. He didn't care if she got married, he didn't care if she ever had kids. He just wanted to alive.

"Well, I spent this time thinking you were being bull-headed for own selfish reasons. I guess we both thought lesser of the other. But the fact that we now know how we feel about this whole thing, I think it's time we stood up to mom and dad. After all, they can't make us do something we don't want to. They can't make you get married and have a bunch of babies and they sure as hell can't make me win some pageant just to into the games and kill kids." He shrugged his shoulders and turned towards his sister. "We fight for our lives here, we tell mom and dad that we aren't going to follow their plans. They have to let us live our lives the way we want to..."

He nodded and shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly Nix, I don't care if you do what mom and dad want you to do. I just want you alive and happy. And if that's doing something else, if that's being single your entire life, I don't care. You do you and you be happy. We can handle mom and dad." He smiled and scooted closer to his sister wrapping her up in a hug. No games, no kids, no marriage. "And just so you know, I'm saying I want to get married tomorrow....hell I don't even have a girl yet, Nix." He chuckled.
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Feb 21 2018, 12:07 AM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie really couldn't believe how stupid and blind they had been all this time. All those arguments about going into the games were for nothing. They spent so much time being upset with each other simply because they were both too stubborn to actually talk and figured everything out. If they had managed to have this conversation ages ago it would have saved them so much trouble. At least it was all out in the open now and they seemed to agree on a lot of things.

"I thought you were just following mom and dad's plans. Being the loyal, perfect son and all that." Nixie said, rolling her eyes a bit, but now her lips curved up in a grin. "I mean, I have been rebelling against them for years now. They might actually be happy to hear that I might not want to get married and have kids instead of me wanting to go into the games with you." she added with a shrug. While they had argued over it, they had never truly hated her or tried to disown her for the decision. They were still her parents and she had a feeling that they would feel better knowing she was at least happy, regardless of what she did. She just wished that judgement and pressure wasn't there at all. "But yes...from now on we live the lives that WE want to live and we make sure they know that is how it is going to be." she agreed.

She was so thankful to hear him say that he didn't care what she did as long as she was alive and happy. "You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that. I don't think I could take it if you were always judging me too." she said quietly, smiling a bit at him. She leaned closer, resting her head against his shoulder as she put her arm around his shoulders. "Yeah, but you could get married soon. Any girl would be lucky to have you....lucky-ish anyway." she added the last bit in a teasing manner. She couldn't simply give him the compliment. That was lame.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Mar 11 2018, 02:04 PM
Career
Felix
District Four

"No. I hated what mom and dad had in store for us. I knew that you didn't want to be forced into marriage. But I was willing to let it happened because at least you'd be safe. But now I see you wouldn't be happy and that's what I want for both of us. Nix, we deserve to be happy." The only reason he had agreed, or at least not fought against his parents about the games was that he knew if he did fight back against it, they would switch roles for the pair. He would be the one staying home and carrying on the name and they would ask her to go into the games and that was the last thing he wanted.

He nodded at her and pulled her close. "No one should tell us how to live our lives. I get that a lot of people in four want to go into the games for the honor glory or whatever else they go in for, but I just want to fucking live a full life." He grinned and looked back out at the water. Besides, with two back to back wins from fours what were the odds that either of them would come home again? Slim to none. They couldn't have four dominating the games every time. They would probably make sure the fours didn't have a chance this time.

"Let's be real here, I was judging you a bit. I thought you were dumb for wanting to go into the games. But I thought that because I thought you knew I didn't want to go into the games." He shrugged and let out a chuckle. "Married soon?! Are you on drugs? Nix, I don't even have a girlfriend and there is no way I'm going to just jump into a marriage with some girl." He laughed and shook his head at his sister. "You're crazy.
Come on, let's go tell mom and dad we quit."
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Mar 11 2018, 08:57 PM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie gave the smallest of nods as she listened to him. "I mean...I don't know. Going into the games wasn't making me happy. The idea of getting married and having kids doesn't make me happy. At least not right now. I just...I want whatever I decide to do with my life to be for me. Not for anyone else." She said quietly, staring at the waves as they splashed up against the side of the dock. She had no idea what she wanted at this point, but she was happy with Arroyo. With her friends. Even training would still be fun and keep her busy, especially without the pressure of the pageant and the games.

"That's all I want to. I want to live a full life and the life that I want. I don't want to do something just because it will bring honor or glory. Honestly...I don't even want that kind of attention. That kind of job. Having to deal with other kids like the kids I train with every year for the rest of my life? No thank you." She said, shaking her head. She just didn't get the appeal. They were already in a nicer district and well off. They didn't need the riches that would come with the title either.

"I thought you were an idiot for blindly following what mom and dad wanted. Glad we aren't dumb." Nixie said, smirking some though. "Only a little bit of drugs." She joked, though really she had done none. Nixie drank on occasion, but never heavily and nothing more. "And I didn't know. How am I ever supposed to know what is going on in that pretty head of yours??" She asked defensively. It could happen. She had seen people marry what seemed like out of the blue before and accidents happened with babies.

She got up, smoothing out the bottom of her dress. "Maybe I am normal and you are the crazy one." She added, sticking her tongue out at him. "Lets go get this over with. At least they will be happy about this with me." She said with a shrug.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Mar 25 2018, 11:31 AM
Career
Felix
District Four

"Nix...you're young. You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let mom and dad dictate what you do with it. If you want to be single for a while or hell, single forever, who gives a fuck. It's your damn life and you need to live it the way you see fit. Because once they are gone, and you realize you aren't happy with the life they chose for you, it might be too damn late to turn back." He sighed and leaned back on his hands. "I guess we should get this over with yeah?"

He laughed and nodded his head. "Glad we are both on the same page." He pushed himself up from the sand and offered her his hand. "Come on, the sooner we do this, the sooner we can start living our lives." He smiled and waited for her to take his hand so he could pull her to her feet. He was glad they had talked because now, neither one of them had to go into the games and they would both be safe. There was no way that he could have been proper in the games with his sister there.

"Nix, we are family...you should have known that I don't want the glory and the hype that comes with the games. I want to work on the ship, I want to have lots of sex and someday settle down and only bang one woman." He grinned and winked at his sister.

He laughed and nodded his head. "Maybe you are sis...maybe you are." He laced his arm around his sisters' shoulders and they headed up to their home. It was going to be one hell of an argument and neither one of the parents were going to happy but in the end, they would just have to understand, this was their life and they were going to live it as they see fit.

~FIN~
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.