admins
updates
� August 4th
The Newsletter is up and has a lot of information. Check it out!
� July 12th
The results of the poll are in! Reaping will be Friday, August 3rd!
� July 2nd
CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST VICTOR PROSPER PINE! Read about it here - The In The End
� July 2nd
The July Newsletter is up! Take a read - Thank you!
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

Figuring It Out, Attn. Felix
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jun 5 2018, 12:33 AM
The Ocean is Everything I want to be: Beautiful, Mysterious, wild, and free
Trainer
Emmie
District Four
Rep: 2 pts

It had been a little while since the night that she had found Hurricane relaxing on the beach. Since the night that they had skinny dipped and they first kissed. Since the night they had tried to do more and she had just broken down and cried because none of it felt right. Being with Hurricane had always felt right before. Cuddling, hugging, swimming naked together, and even the kisses hadn't felt wrong, but they didn't give the feelings she guessed she was supposed to feel. Hurricane had helped her come out to herself and to him that night, but she had kept quiet about it since.

There was a part of her that was still unsure about the whole thing. There was a tiny part that worried Arroyo might love her less. That her parents might be angry with her again when she just finally got them off her back. She knew that all three of them loved her, but it didn't stop the fear that came with being different and being judged for it by the people she loved the most. She didn't care what random people thought of her, but the people she loved where different.

She was having trouble sleeping tonight. She had been having some issues with it for a little while now, but tonight it felt worse. After a bit she got up and moved from her bedroom and to Arroyo's. She knocked on the door before just going in. "Arroyo...you still awake?" she asked as she opened the door. She wanted to talk to him. Maybe it was time to at least tell him. Take some of the weight off her shoulders. It was the perfect time too since their parents were out at some party/event type thing with friends.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Jul 5 2018, 06:14 PM
To the stupidity of those around you, don't take the high road, take the road that leads to success.
Career
Felix
District Four

Arroyo had spent the day at the beach, trying to get his surfing skills back up to par. He hadn't had much free time lately to even go out on the water unless it was on his dad's boat. So, needless to say, he was pretty beat when he got home. It was still fairly early when he called it a night and passed out almost right away. But now, at midnight, he was wide awake. He held a book in his hand with his lamp on beside him. He was writing about his day, and how things with Sirena were progressing. He wondered about Nixie, but he hadn't really heard from her lately. She had been spending quite a bit of time with Hurricane lately.

Her time with their friend didn't really bother Arroyo though. Matter of fact, she spent a lot of time with him before he was a victor. As did Arroyo but adult things got in the way now. He was just about to turn off the light and try to sleep again when he heard a knock at the door, and the soft voice of his twin behind it. He smiled. "Come on Ni..."But she was already inside. "Hey, yeah, I'm awake. What's up?"

He patted the bed next to him before scooting over a bit so she could climb in with him, like they did when they were kids. "What's on your mind, Nix?"
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jul 12 2018, 01:02 PM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie was so thankful to see that Arroyo was awake because she wouldn't have woken him up just to tell him about what was on her mind. Not anymore. When she was younger she would have always woken him up when she needed to talk or she wanted to climb into his bed so that he could help keep the monsters away when she had a bad dream. Though as she got older she didn't feel like she should wake him for things anymore.

"Clearly us. We are up." She said, smirking a bit as she made her way over and plopped down on the bed beside him. A cheesy joke, classic Nixie. She was trying to lighten the mood some and make things a bit easier on herself more than anything. She hated that part of her was afraid to tell Arroyo what she had learned about herself recently, especially because she believed that he would never not love her. She knew that she would always love Arroyo no matter what. He was her twin, her brother, and their bond would always be strong and special.

She sighed and leaned back against the pillows though, quiet for a moment as if she was thinking hard about what she wanted to say. "There is a lot on my mind." she said quietly. "I've been feeling lost...I mean I have felt lost for years, but then I started training with you and it gave me something. It gave me an easy purpose." she said quietly. It had never been what she truly wanted though.

"So lately I have just been trying to figure things out. What I want in my life, you know?" Nixie asked. She knew that Arroyo seemed to know what he wanted, so maybe he didn't know. She knew he wanted a wife and kids eventually. He had an idea at least of what he wanted. She had never been sure. "Something happened the other night that I think...sort of gave me an idea of what it is I want." she added, still too nervous to just come out and say it.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Jul 12 2018, 05:21 PM
To the stupidity of those around you, don't take the high road, take the road that leads to success.
Career
Felix
District Four

Arroyo didn't mind when Nixie woke him up. Sometimes a sibling just needed the other and he knew that Nixie and him had a very close bond. He would never complain about her waking him up. Besides the fact that the hadn't really been talking much in the past few weeks. it was nice to know that his sister still sought him out from time to time.

He smirked and shook his head. "Cute, Nix." But he smiled brighter when she sat down next to him. He threw the blankets over her as well and looked over at her. He was curious as to what was going through her head this late at night and why it had to be discussed in this moment. He knew that he only needed to talk about something this badly when it was bothering him. "You're okay right...? I don't need to go break some legs do I?" He nudged his sisters' arm gently.

He didn't have to wait long to hear what was going on. She started to speak, but it still didn't really reveal much information on what was going in her head. "Okay..." She felt lost, he knew that feeling. He felt lost when his parents wanted him to be victor, they wanted to force him to do something he just didn't want to do. They finally came to terms with the fact that he had control over his own life but before that, it was like, he was a puppet. "Yeah, Lost...I get that.."

"Clarify, what happened...?" He sat up just a little bit straighter and really honed in on her. he was curious as to where she was going with this. She seemed nervous for some reason and he just wanted to wrap her up into a hug and tell her everything was going to be fine. No matter what she had to tell him, he was going to support her. He loved his sister and that would never change, no matter what she wanted in life.
PM
^
Nixie Atwater
 Posted on: Jul 21 2018, 08:55 PM
Trainer
Emmie
District Four

Nixie smiled brightly at that. "I'm always cute." she said happily, nestling down under the blankets when she threw them over the both of them. It was really taking her back to how things used to be between them. For the past few weeks, maybe even months, it had felt like they were growing apart a bit between the issues with the games and now...she didn't really know what. She wasn't sure she liked that, but it could be asked about later because right now...everything felt normal again.

"I'm fine." She said with a laugh. "No legs need to be broken right now." she assured him. It wasn't like she was having issues with anyone, but herself at the moment. Even then, she wasn't upset with herself, she was just struggling a little to get through things and she thought that talking to her twin might make things feel a lot better.

She knew that she wasn't giving him much, but vague information, but she was trying to work herself up to actually tell him what was going on in her life now. Just as she didn't know what was happening in his anymore, she knew he had no idea what was going on either. "I thought you might understand." she added, giving a small smile. She didn't want him to feel lost too, but it did make it feel like he would know how she felt.

Then he was actually asking her to clarify what she meant and she had to if she wanted to keep talking to him. She did. She wanted him to know and well, she wasn't going to shy away from telling the story. "I ran into Hurricane on the beach the other night. We went for a swim and we just played around in the water like usual...except this time we were naked and I kissed him...because I knew that was what he wanted." she started.

"He didn't want to go back to his place because his mom was having a party...so after we threw smoke bombs in there to ruin his place we came back here and...well he wanted to do more, but...I couldn't." Nixie mumbled, shaking her head a bit. "I love Hurricane, you know I do, but not like that apparently since I started crying."

She laughed a little at herself and shook her head some, looking down nervously. "Then we snuggled and talked and he helped me realize that I like girls that way...not guys." she continued, chewing her lip now and leaving it at that.
PM
^
Arroyo Atwater
 Posted on: Aug 10 2018, 12:46 PM
Career
Felix
District Four

"Course you are..." He grinned and shook his head. He wasn't going to argue, after all, they were twins. If she was cute, didn't that mean he was cute too? When she nestled down into the bed he couldn't help but smile. It was the way things used to be but ever since they had decided together not to go into the games. She was only going so he wouldn't go alone and he was only going because his parents said he had to. Well fuck that... But lately it felt as though they weren't as close as they used to be. They hadn't spent as much time together. Maybe it was because Arroyo was out on his father's boat a lot.

The words, "I'm fine" helped him relax a bit. Especially after she told him no legs needed breaking. "Well, if that changes, you know I'll break someone's legs for you." He grinned and ruffled her hair a bit. He deeply cared for his sister, even if they had grown apart a bit. It was to be expected as they grew up. Although a part of him was sad to see that it was happening.

As she started to explain, he felt his hands tangling in the sheets of his bed and gripping them very tightly. naked, kiss... The words jumped around in his head. She had kissed Hurricane because he wanted it... Maybe he would have to break legs after all. But he sat there silently waiting for the next bit of information. Maybe there was more to it than that. He cleared his throat and nodded. Not trusting what anger-filled words would escape his mouth if he spoke in that moment.

What she said next didn't really help the situation. Talking about how Hurricane wanted more. More...but nothing happened. She couldn't do it and she cried? "Well, Not doing it with Hurricane isn't a bad thing..." He shrugged and then saw that there was more to the story. She said she had cried, why cry about sex? It's not like it was something to cry over. Hell, Arroyo had been with a few girls, and none of them cried. But he knew his sister was sensitive. He nodded and smiled reassuringly at her.

Next, hit him like a rocket. But he didn't let it show. She liked girls...it wasn't that he was bothered that his sister was into girls. Nah, that didn't really matter to him. He just wanted her to be happy. "Nix..." He turned to her slowly and smiled. "Being into girls isn't something to be ashamed of. There is nothing wrong with that. Hell, you know that I just want you to be happy...And if that's what makes you happy, then fuck, that's awesome." He wrapped his arms around he and hugged her. "You can come to me about anything, Nixie. I'm never going to judge you, or put someone else's happiness before yours. Not even my own. You're my sister, and I love you for who you are, not for who you fuck." The last bit was meant to be a bit of a joke.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.