admins
updates
� July 2nd
CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST VICTOR PROSPER PINE! Read about it here - The In The End
� July 2nd
The July Newsletter is up! Take a read - Thank you!
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

The Odd Report, [123rd Hunger Games]
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: Apr 9 2018, 11:09 AM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy
Rep: 5 pts

user posted image

The reapings were all done and the tributes were on their trains or already in the hands of their stylists when the television show was taped and ready to air. They were on repeat the whole day leading up to the Parade that evening. The line up was a mixture of Mirage, Glamour, and Rosie with the typical ads dispersed between. It just really depended on what kind of information you wanted to hear as to which of them one truly liked. Or maybe they liked them all.

Rosalind had always felt the most important, but least famous. She listed off the odds for the games which directly affected what the tributes were going to be able to take into the games. The panel gave her the list and she made up the commentary as they went along. The first one was always her favorite.

And when they were on air, they were greeted with the bright smile of Rosie Richter. "Hi there Capitolites and Panem! I know you have missed me because I have most certainly missed all of you." She blew a kiss at the camera and looked over at her screen when she touched it turned on to the pairs of photos to introduce the tributes that were going into the games this year.

"District One looks strong with volunteering going as planned this year. They have earned a solid 1 in 18 for both tributes. A commendable and common starting point for the career tributes." Her finger swiped to the next and revealed that of the District Two tributes. "Another pair of 1 in 18s, the panel must be getting a sense that this pack has potential this year." Her hand came up to her mouth as though she was going to tell a secret. "But, if you ask me, Praenomen is the first of a few tributes this year that really freak me out." Her brows furrowed into a worry as she swiped to the Threes.

"Now, we have Bolt, a handsome and probably smart young fellow considering this is Three we are talking about with a 1 in 35 and his partner petite Terra with a 1 in 40. A good and average start. Nothing to complain about, I'd say." She swiped and revealed the pair that were for District Four

"Four is trying hard for that trifecta. And that is obvious by the stud they reaped in and the blonde. You may know her actually, she is the daughter of the well-known and well-used Dorado Cruises! Get ready for a show!"

"District Five with a mediocre 1 in 40 for the boy. I think if you ask me looking back and looking forward to other tributes this is going to be a boy's game. They all have potential." She nodded and swiped to the Sixes who looked as downtrodden as always in their photos from the Reaping. "And here is another scary kid with a 1 in 45 and then his partner 1 in 50. No surprises here."

The next pair were the opposites in Fern and Prosper faces shown on the screen. This is when Rosie laughed a bit, a good hearted one. "And here we have the most outspoken and the quietest of tributes from the same district. Fern runs up the bottom of our odds with a 1 in 80 while her partner has a 1 in 40. But, I am sure we are going to see that go up. That boy has Capitol Appeal." Rosalind was always one to favor the loud ones, the boisterous ones, and the careers. But, she really did take a look at personalities.

"Okay, okay... we still have four districts to go." Her hand ran across her forehead as she looked to the pair of Nines up next. "Baxtalo, am I saying that right? Anyway, Baxtalo and Rhyeana match with some 1 in 40 odds." Then the next pair were put up there. "I don't know how they found a picture of that girl not crying, but that poor girl tugs right at your heartstrings, doesn't she? But, the boy. He is eighteen, tall, dark and handsome. That boy has some real potential. If I were Fox and Oxen... I'd just focus on him." Her finger reached out as she switched on the District Eleven with few words except for the odds.

Finally, there was the last district to be on her screen. "The Twelves have a lot to live up to, so here they are with a rather good starting spot of 1 in 45. Maybe it is the solidarity they showed... taking lessons from Griffin and Raven of last year. Sticking together can pay off." She nodded and the screen went to the Panem country emblem as she looked back to the camera.

"Alright ladies and gents, that is it for now. Make sure to tune in again in a few days when I will have some updated odds after our tributes have participated in the pregame events we have in store. Let's hope we can get some differences in this rather average bunch." She gave a fingery wave and an exaggerated wink to the screen before it faded off to a commercial.
    1:18 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:18 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:18 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:18 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:18 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:20 Oarwell Bayou (D4) - NPC

1:30 Rory Delmar (D10)
    1:35 Bolt Jewel (D3)
    1:40 Terra Page (D3)
    1:40 Zephyr Molino (D5)
    1:40 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:40 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
    1:40 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)

1:45 Race Dieselton (D6)
    1:45 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:45 Iris Darkthorn (D12)
    1:45 Kieran Nipper (D12)
    1:50 Moxie Solanceae (D11)
    1:50 Mercedes Sterling (D6)
    1:50 Kale Trowel (D11) - NPC

1:55 Felicity Tripp (D5) - NPC
    1:65 Georgette Valentine (D8)
    1:80 Fern Forrest (D7)
    1:99 Nellie Shire (D10) - NPC
PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 07:02 PM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

user posted image

"Here is a special edition of the odds for the 123rd I get some more screen time. I know you all love it." She scrunches up her nose with a bright grin on her face. Her bright blonde hair swayed as she talked with her hands and her whole body. Rosalind loved her job and this was an opportunity to talk to the people.

"What an entrance! District One is always good at leading us off. That garnet and gold pair was something that reminded me of a smooooth Merlot. Oh, pour me some of that." Rosalind showed that their odds went up. Just a tad. When tributes were within 1 in 20... it was definitely harder to move those numbers.

She moved on to the pair from District Two. "This is so on point, I don't even know what else to say. They definitely get to move up a point. It was dashing and they matched. I do have a special place in my heart for matchy matchy... course the odds aren't my decision. I just deliver the news. But, I usually agree." She bounced in her chair. The first chariots were amazing, who could disagree?

"Eeee! I have to say looking back at the pictures of it now that Three is one of my favorites this year. That bright electric blue is so catching on the girl Terra. It's a no wonder her odds went up, good job stylists." She nodded along and swiped to a picture of the boy. [Response to Bolt here]

She moaned as she looked at the picture of the Fours. "Does anyone want to take bets on how much that crown cost those stylists? Mermaid and merman, so strong and beautiful. Expected, but showstopping enough. Those jewels all over the both of them can be seen from space."

"Well, they weren't memorable. But, they made an appearance. The girl was especially unanimated and the people decided she should be docked because of it. The boy merely... well stayed the same. Five, five, five." She shook her head and moved on to the Sixes.

"The Sixes were lack luster per the usual. They don't draw the attention that maybe they could. But, what else could we expect?" She gave a shrug and moved on to the next.

"So here we have the tributes from Seven. Prosper and Fern. They definitely have names that tell you exactly where they are from. We have a lot of well known children this games. From the heir to the Pine's and the heir to the Dorado's. Exciting." She clapped her hands together. "So, we have to say that a hummingbird theme was a great style choice for them and Prosper was so confident."

"Well, have you ever seen so many colors in your life?" She looked at the bright blue and white outfit the girl was in and then the reds of the dragon. They were obviously showing off every kind of fabric that Eight could pump out, it was glorious and attention grabbing.

"I'm sorry. Someone fire these stylists... what in the world do those costumes have anything to do with being the home of our grain production? The boy was a little more subdued. But, the girl looked like a wannabe One. Those fools in Nine don't have anything gold except the wheat in the fields." She rolled her eyes and moved on. The poor tributes were affected by the teams that tried to push them forward. Focusing on some outcast culture might have thought to be unique and forward thinking... but the people of the Capitol didn't get it - the odds proved it.

The Tens brought a smile to Rosie's face. "Oh my goodness. Isn't the up and coming climber Atticus Swann a genius? Tens might be one to look at this year. They are just so wholesome and dedicated looking. Tip those hats." She nodded along.

She slid on over the final slide that showed the pair of Twelves together. "Well, the girl certainly finished it off with a bang. Those flames make her stand out and a finishing act that most won't be able to forget. The boy... a little drab stylists. I get where you are going. But, the people like FLASH!" She was loud in the last place.

"Alright my babies. I will be back again when we have the Gamemaker Scores ready after Day Three. And then you know the drill, again after all the events are completed and they are ready to go in the games for a final line up and you will know what you can buy our pretties." She grinned again and gave a fingery wave to the camera.
    1:16 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:16 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:16 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:16 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:16 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:18 Oarwell Bayou (D4) - NPC

1:35 Terra Page (D3)
    1:35 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:40 Zephyr Molino (D5)
    1:40 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:40 Iris Darkthorn (D12)

1:50 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
    1:50 Race Dieselton (D6)
    1:50 Kale Trowel (D11) - NPC

1:60 Georgette Valentine (D8)
    1:60 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)
    1:65 Felicity Tripp (D5) - NPC
    1:70 Fern Forrest (D7)
To Be Judged...
PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 09:59 PM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

"Did you see those scores the Game Makers slung out?! Maybe because there are some new ones or I heard there were more of them, but man were these scores boring." She shook her head. There was nothing surprising in the least. Well, with the exception of a few - the tributes were entirely predictable. "Okay, okay. I don't blame the game makers. These tributes are sticking fairly close to stereotypes heading into the events being the last thing that can move some of these odds." She gave a nod and then looked to her screen to look at the first tributes.

The first group that was up there were the six career tributes. They all received between 9 and 10s. There were no crazy 11 or 12s and none of them were low. It was predictable. "Just like the scores, their odds go up a bit. But, can they stay there?"

"The next we have going up from their scores is Pair of Threes, Zephyr from Five, Prosper from Eight, Rhyeana from Nine, my boy from Ten, the guy from Eleven, and the pair from Twelve. Obviously, the sessions were incredibly impressive. To the point that it is crazy!" She wiggled in her seat. "Well, what I would pay to be a fly on the wall to see what all those tributes are capable of. Even some that don't appear to have any skills on the outside and certainly not too many pretty faces. My lovelies... we must be in for a show." She grinned and swiped through the pictures and the odds of those tributes she had listed.

"And moving on we have those that merely scored some sixes and some sevens. They were just average - but not bad. Their odds just stayed the same." She didn't bother mentioning them by name but the pictures and odds were aired on the screen.

Finally, the group shot of those were were the ones that went down. "And then we have these losers." She winked. "I know I don't get so pessimisstic on my show too often, but let's be real. These folks need to step it up in their interviews tomorrow! And speaking of that, I will have the chance to interview some of them. Tune in and then we will have the last odds review before they go into the arena. As always, I will see you next time with more odds!" Her fingery wave and then a fade to black.
    1:14 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:14 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:14 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:14 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:15 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:16 Oarwell Bayou (D4) - NPC

1:28 Rory Delmar (D10)
    1:32 Bolt Jewel (D3)
    1:32 Terra Page (D3)
    1:32 Zephyr Molino (D5)
    1:32 Prosper Pine (D7)

1:40 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:35 Iris Darkthorn (D12)
    1:40 Kieran Nipper (D12)
    1:45 Kale Trowel (D11) - NPC
    1:50 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)

1:55 Race Dieselton (D6)
    1:55 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)
    1:65 Mercedes Sterling (D6)
    1:70 Felicity Tripp (D5) - NPC
    1:90 Fern Forrest (D7)

user posted image

PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: May 17 2018, 10:11 AM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

Everyone knew that Rosalind was a sucker for sequins and her outfit for this years bloodbath was as colorful and sequinned as it could get. Her dress was almost something that could be mistaken for one of her outfits in her mysterious night life. But, she had enough of herself covered to be good for the television. Sex appeal was always something she had, even if she wasn't that way on the outside. She was actually quite wholesome and sweet when she was out with friends.

But, the minute the lights were on her she was able to bite her lip and run her tongue across them. "Hi folks!! The countdown to the bloodbath is on. I will be revealing your odds for your first donation options and then the red carpet coverage will start and then the main event!" She practically squealed the last part. She would have time to make it down and talk to some of the more famous Capitolites before sitting in on the most prestigious of viewing parties this year.

"Our career pack is still really strong. Most showed their beautiful colors in their interviews and most were able to claim some dominant wins in their spars. If they work together... they are bound to be deadly!" She swiped through some pictures of the pack members as she moved through the top six. They were being quite stereotypical, but who knew what was to happen once the buzzer went off.

"Not far behind, we have some very smart and strong tributes that will give them a run for their money." The numbers were listed on the screen beside her noting the girl from Three coming in tied with the boy from Seven as being quite attractive in the odds. It was obvious if the Threes worked together with a few others they might have an alliance that would be able to go against the strong careers. Maybe. "We will have to see what wins out in this arena - brains or brawn." She winked to the camera and swiped again.

The next group was the ones that were on the fence. They all had great potential to go up int he ranks, but they also had the potential that they might die in the first few days. Time would tell. "I don't have much to say here. The Twelves were delgihtful to talk with... we know they are working together. Maybe they should talk up the Threes?" She raised a brow and then swiped again.

"And here is the bottom of the list, the unfortunates that we will all need to have good thoughts if they are going to pull it off." She didn't want to say much more. It was the depressing part. These kids were about to die. For real, probably by nightfall.

"I hope to all see you around at parties. I will see you after the anthem tonight with some updated odds for Day Two! Love ya! Be responsible!" She gave a wave and slid off her seat. She had to grab a mic and get to the carpet event.
    1:11 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:11 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:12 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:12 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:16 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:16 Oarwell Bayou (D4) - NPC

1:25 Terra Page (D3)
    1:25 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:28 Bolt Jewel (D3)
    1:30 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:30 Zephyr Molino (D5)

1:40 Iris Darkthorn (D12)
    1:55 Kale Trowel (D11) - NPC
    1:60 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
    1:65 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)

1:70 Moxie Solanceae (D11)
    1:70 Race Dieselton (D6)
    1:70 Georgette Valentine (D8)
    1:70 Felicity Tripp (D5) - NPC
    1:99 Fern Forrest (D7)
user posted image

PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: May 26 2018, 03:27 PM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

"WHAT A DAY! She slid into the frame of the television with a bright expression on her face. It was a crazy bloodbath and she barely knew where to begin. Course, the other shows had been covering it for hours. Really, she was only popping on the air for one reason only. The people didn't need her to repeat everything. Her finger tapped her screen and the first set of odds popped up.

"First up is the fact that the pack appears to be sticking it out. That keeps most of their odds at the top. We only have few moves here and there based on if they got some kills. And we know that the boys came out strong." She winked at the camera and then swiped it again for the next set of tributes odds.

"Bolt obviously got a kill - surprising absolutely everyone. Three? Really!" She grinned and then looked at the next one. "Prosper made it out and has maybe an alliance. Marius has some help in the Twelves and Zephyr also running at the same level as Prosper." She continued down to the other Three with a smirk upon her lips. "This girl is alone, she should have def stayed by Bolt's side." The final two were the pair from Twelve. "And the Twelves banking on an alliance with the Eight, they raised their odds some."

The screen changed once again for the lowest of the odds. "Woo, Rory, hun. That target on his back definitely dropped his odds into the gutter. Omen is after that boy. The Sixes making it up the ranks - maybe crazy will work this games. Nines! Pull it together. You need to make some ground here. They are well.. maybe boring? I don't know. I was too busy watching those epic mutt fights." She swiped across before someone whispered that she had missed a couple.

She giggled a bit. "Oh! Georgette and Fern are still alive. Have a great night Panem!"
    1:10 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:12 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:12 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:13 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:13 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:15 Oarwell Bayou (D4)

1:24 Bolt Jewel (D3)
    1:25 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:35 Terra Page (D3)
    1:35 Kieran Nipper (D12)

1:40 Rory Delmar (D10)
    1:40 Mercedes Sterling (D6)
    1:60 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
    1:60 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)
    1:never Fern Forrest (D7)
user posted image

PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: Jun 3 2018, 11:32 AM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

user posted image

She started the show by pretending to be asleep on her desk and then Rosie jolted awake and shook her head. "Oh my goodness lovelies! What a boring day. After the very predictable loss of Fern and Georgette... we have a grand total of Six tributes dead so far. SIX! Come on careers... as a pack you should be wiping them out!" She shook her fingers at the screen - not that they would be able to see what she had to say anyway. But, their mentors could.

"Let's start out with the pack. All their odds evening out, except for Isla who swept in and landed herself a kill. It's a shame when there are such great items to be sending at better odds." She shrugged and swiped at it again. "There is actually a trend when it comes to odds and alliances. We have 1:35 for Marius, Iris, and Kieran. And we have Zephyr, Bolt, and Prosper sitting around the same with some odds in the thirties."

She swiped away as the screen now moved on to some of the other random tributes who weren't in the biggest of alliances. The first was the loner Terra from Three and then some of the other pairs. "And here we get to the boring part. The rest of the tributes who haven't really done a damn thing. This is the most yellow I have ever seen on my screen ... Ever. This girl is gonna need some serious entertainment tonight.
She winked and swiped to the last page.

The last page held the pair from District Nine. "And the ones to watch. I predict that these two will be moving up tomorrow. Rhyeana finished off Fern, but there will be more to come." She clasped her hands together and gave a smile to the camera. "Now, if you all can keep a secret... I have a special treat for all my tributes that are left. They will be able to make use of the hunt Day Three. Game on."
    1:10 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:12 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:12 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:12 Saffra Lowenek (D2)
    1:12 Theodore Haviliard (D1)
    1:12 Oarwell Bayou (D4)

1:30 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:35 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:35 Kieran Nipper (D12)

1:40 Rory Delmar (D10)
    1:40 Mercedes Sterling (D6)
    1:45 Terra Page (D3)
    1:45 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)
    1:55 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: Jun 9 2018, 04:58 PM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

user posted image

"It looks like my gifts of food got those kids fighting! They had the strength in them to take out Four tributes. Some a little worse for wear... but we are four slots closer to the end." She had a bright grin on her face. And then it morphed into a frown. "And who is ready for the most boring Odds Report ever?" Her head tilted to the side as she rolled her eyes and made the screen flash to the first set.

"As always, we start with the careers. Oarwell got a kill - so that is something. And the rest got a boost for being in an alliance with a small about of tributes left." She shrugged and went to the next long list.

"And then we have everyone else. A few doing a little better due to the kills they were able to get... but equal. They honestly all have a pretty equal chance at winning - if they can take out the careers. A pack like that still together. DANGEROUS!" She helped the screen scroll through the long list of the same number.

"Boring, amirite? Folks - I'm in need of a real pick me up." She held her hand at her mouth and did a dramatic yawn before the screen went out.
    1:6 Oarwell Bayou (D4)
    1:8 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:8 Praenomen Aegis (D2)
    1:8 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:8 Theodore Haviliard (D1)

1:24 Rhyeana Lowell (D9)
    1:24 Kieran Nipper (D12)
    1:30 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:30 Iris Darkthorn (D12)
    1:30 Mercedes Sterling (D6)
    1:30 Race Dieselton (D6)
    1:30 Baxtalo Ciabatta (D9)
PM
^
Rosalind Richter
 Posted on: Jun 19 2018, 08:44 AM
Heads or Tails
Thirty-One
TV Personality
Issy

1:5 Isla Dorado (D4)
    1:5 Chardonnay White (D1)
    1:18 Iris Darkthorn (D12)
    1:24 Prosper Pine (D7)
    1:24 Marius Reagan (D8)
    1:24 Rory Delmar (D10)
    1:28 Kieran Nipper (D12)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.