admins
updates
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Accidentally, On Purpose, attn Bash
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 01:32 PM
bend me, break me, take me
gang member
Issy
District Six
Rep: 6 pts

Being turned down and not getting paid her other half for the job she had done had her all up in arms. Carmina was always a little bit of a spitfire, however, this made her even more pissed off than usual. She stomped back into the district housing with loud clicks of her heels echoing off the buildings. Every now and then there was a curse under her breath that could be heard. She wanted to strangle the guy who had sent her on it or maybe she just wanted to strangle the guy who had sent her away.

Wasn't she good enough? Wasn't she beautiful? Carmina paused for a moment in front of a home with cleaner windows than some of the others. She stared at her reflection for a moment adjusting a few strands of hair. She was still young, she still had life in her. Her fingers gently pressed across her cheeks as she was lost in her own world. Lost in her own reflection.

There usually wasn't much going on in the mind of Carmina Torque. She came from a complicated childhood and she had tried to shut the world out long ago. It was the only way that she would be able to get through from day to day. And this type of shut down would have never get under her skin like this. Her hand was clenched and she pulled back and slammed her hand on the glass that was in front of her.

The glass shattered and her wrist started to bleed.

PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 20 2018, 04:17 PM
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers
Rep: 4 pts

Sebastien had the day off and he had been visiting with a...friend of his that lived in the nicer area of the district. Despite what he had led Jetta to believe, he didn't always bring his companions back to the peacekeeper barracks with him. Sometimes it was just easier to go to their homes and he had a couple companions around that he would drop in on now and then. It was nice to have a drink and spend some quality time together.

He was just leaving when he heard the sound of glass shattering nearby, scowling some. Was someone trying to break into one of the homes? It wasn't unusual for the lesser people of six to try and steal from those who had more than them...or for ones that were high or drunk to simply trash the nicer areas. He assumed he would be dealing with one of those two things when he took off running in that direction. He wasn't expecting to see Carmina standing in front of the broken window with blood running down from her wrist when he peeked around the corner of the house.

He came out into the open, looking at her and then toward the window, before returning his attention to her again. "What did that poor window do to you?" he asked, cocking his head to the side as he moved to get closer to her. "Let me see your wrist." he added, reaching his hand out, but not actually grabbing a hold of her yet.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 20 2018, 04:35 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

She was stuck in the moment as she could feel the pain from her wrist, just barely. It was like she was someone else looking at it when she couldn't feel it. A deep breath was taken in and out. That was all before she was jostled from her daydream by Sebastian. And at first, she wasn't even sure that she wasn't still dreaming. Carmina was actually sober at the moment. Her eyes blinked a bit.

He wasn't in his uniform and it was almost like he could have passed for just a regular citizen of Six. Wasn't that weird? And she was just staring a little dumbfounded and she knew that he had said something. But it was taking forever for her neurons to connect the dots and make up some sort of answer.

She finally huffed a bit at his lame attempt at a joke. Carmina didn't feel like explaining that she was having a moment of self-pity. That he was right and so was Paxton. They were all right and she should have been doing something else with her life. It was a shame she was too proud for that. Her reflection had been angering.

However, she did hold out her wrist as the drips of blood dropped to the pavement. "I'll be alright." She was strong, or at least she always tried to pretend that she was.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 21 2018, 07:55 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien watched her carefully as she seemed to be trying to figure out who he was or what he was talking about. She looked like she couldn't believe what she was seeing and Bash wasn't sure if he should take it as flattering or not. She had seen him without the helmet, but he supposed it was a whole different image when he was dressed in street clothes. Street clothes that were still nicer than those worn by most of the citizens in six, but weren't colorful and flashy like those in the Capitol wore. Black pants, a warm looking knit sweatshirt, a simple black jacket left unzipped, and a hand knit scarf around his neck.

He sighed softly when she huffed at his joke. No sense of humor today either it seemed, but at least she looked sober. Which was interesting because it meant she had been fully aware of what she was doing when she had smashed her hand through the window. Well...most likely she was anyway. "What were you trying to get out of there?" He tried a different question to see if she was breaking into the house to get something. Food, water, clothes, anything of value to trade.

Bash was gentle as she held out her wrist and he took hold of her hand and arm to examine it better, trying to make sure that there wasn't any glass still stuck inside and to see just how bad it was. "Will you?" He countered her statement that she would be right. She didn't seem alright and he didn't mean just be because of her wrist either. Something just seemed so off.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 21 2018, 09:07 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

The glass was broken and that meant when she looked back into it her reflection was finally gone. Or at least distorted enough not to be a bother anymore. Her head started to move slowly from the left to the right. "No, no. Nuttin' like that." She wasn't a thief. There were different levels of evil in the district and she had never stooped so low as to steal from the others who were suffering just as much as she was.

She wasn't alright. Bash was one of the smart ones. Maybe it was the fact that he wasn't actually from Six and that he was able to get a higher standard of education in District Two. Or maybe just was better because of his hopeful attitude. Carmina was never smart. And she barely even went to school. It just wasn't something that was a priority when her mother wanted her to put food on the table. She was forced to grow up too quickly.

Carmina allowed her wrist to be manipulated by the peacekeeper. The bleeding was slow and so it wasn't that she had knicked anything important. That was a relief. And there wasn't any glass in her skin. It was still in the window and couple pieces at her feet. "Look it's stupid. I just... just got mad at myself. In da window, ya know?" She finally explained and gave an answer. It was just the honest truth and hopefully he took her word for it that she hadn't been attempting to steal.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 21 2018, 11:06 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Bash was quite thankful to hear that Carmina wasn't trying to break into the house to steal. He would believe her because he really felt like there was something else going on here that she wasn't telling him. Plus, he liked to be able to give the benefit of the doubt to people like Carmina. "Alright, good. Don't steal because then we would have an even bigger issue to deal with than we already do." he told her, looking toward the window. They would have to get that taken care of, but he was also talking about her job and her hobby.

He finished looking over her wrist. "You're lucky, Carmina. You could have cut that a lot worse and be dying on me right now." he said, looking quite serious and also saddened by the idea of that. It wouldn't have been the first time that he had, had someone die in his arms. But Carmina...with Carmina it would have been a million times worse. It would have meant that he had failed her and he didn't want to fail. He wanted to help her. "You need to be more careful...and make sure you clean and wrap that when you get home." he added.

He frowned a bit when she finally admitted why she had broken the window. "Well first of all, no, I don't know. I'm adorable. I love looking at myself." He said, more lightheartedly, but then he sighed and got more serious again. "Why did you get mad at yourself though? You never struck me as the type to get upset with themselves." he added. She had seemed so sure of herself before.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 22 2018, 09:06 AM
gang member
Issy
District Six

"I definitely ain't no thief." She shook her head. Carmina had never been like that. She wouldn't take anything that wasn't hers, nothing that she didn't deserve. The minor petty cigarette pilfering while she was doing the deed with clients - well, that was just part of the payment. But, breaking into a home and taking things, not part of the job. To the rest, she just shrugged. Carmina knew that Bash wasn't thrilled with her lifestyle.

She laughed in a bit of a heartless as she shook her head. "Lucky and Carmina. Hah, those are two words ya don't hear in a sentence together often." Or ever. She had brought it upon herself. She had aimed straight at her face in the glass and hit it with the side of her hand. But, she didn't have a death wish. Not today. Suicide had often been loosely on her mind when she was a teenager and struggling to get to grips. It was what Luca had saved her from. Without him, what if those thoughts came back?

A slight nod was given. She would attempt to wash it with what she could find and find some rag to wrap around it. It would be fine.

"Hah." But, he was right. He had those good looks about him. Carmina wasn't going to fluff his ego more than he obviously needed. Her staring from earlier had probably done enough. "Well, first of all..." She imitated the peacekeepers words, "This is sober Carmina." That was really all she needed to say. However, she was still pissed about the fact that she was out another ten for her services. Course, she didn't perform any services, but it had taken a chunk out of her day. "And it's all because some stupid twit of a guy turned me down. Ya see I was given a job last night, ya know, and well they give me half then and I go to this garage and meet the guy, get the other half. The guy refuses and well here I am. He tricked me out the fucking back door. THE BACK DOOR!" Once she started going, well she was going and off on the entire story. It was fast words just flowing out without end.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 02:29 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

"I'm very glad to hear that." Sebastien said with a bit of a grin. He was glad that Carmina didn't have the title of thief to add to her large list of frowned upon activities. Maybe she wasn't a lost cause after all and it was one less thing that he had to worry about dealing with from her.

He sighed a bit when she laughed though. "Come on, Carmina. Even the most unlucky of people have to get a little luck every now and then." he said as he shrugged his shoulders a bit. The more he talked to this girl, the more broken she seemed. Life had truly dealt her a shitty hand and she seemed to think that she was eternally stuck in it. Paxton's words echoed through his head. What can we do? Nothing...you know why? Because these people are so fucking broken that they think their life has to be this way. It's fucked....and there ain't no fixin it. He was wrong. Bash was sure of it.

Bash couldn't help grinning a bit when she didn't actually protest about him being adorable. That alone was enough to feed his ego. Then of course she was going to imitate him. He rolled his eyes slightly. "Yes, I kind of figured that bit out myself." he commented. It was obvious that Carmina was actually sober now. Her attitude was different and she actually looked normal and not strung out like people in six often looked. He was silent though as she began to go off on her rant. He listened and tried to keep up with her fast talking.

"What part about that upset you the most? The fact that you didn't get the money for your fix or that you got turned down and tricked?" Bash asked curiously, trying to judge her insecurities a bit. "Because you know...maybe the guy at the garage doesn't like girls or simply doesn't do things with prostitutes?" he suggested. Morals in district six were rare, but they did exist.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 06:16 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

Her eyes merely mirrored with a roll of the eyes back to him. Lucky, pft. Like that was ever going to happen. Course she was walking around in brand new shoes that were a present from the magnificent victor. It couldn't be all bad. And now she was here and found right away by the overly kind peacekeeper. Things could have been a lot worse off than they were, but she was close minded and she had tunnel vision for what was right in front of her.

"All of it." She had a long pause before she had even answered though. She could be the most made about the fact that she wasn't going to be able to get high tonight. That was more than enough to make her mad, but not really at her reflection. It was a quick answer and one without more thought than that. She was also mad that she had been tricked, but in all honesty it wasn't hard to trick her. Carmina had never been the smartest. Finally, she was turned down. But, it wasn't like it was the first nor the last for that.

"Oh please, people love shit that's free. And it was half free for him." She huffed. Her arms crossed over her chest. With a little wince as she remembered the injury on her wrist. "But, if all the fucking guys in this district drank some sort of water and are perfect citizens... I'm out of the damned job. What am I supposed to do now?"
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 06:40 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Bash sighed and shook his head a bit as he listened to her. "Maybe you are just now running into the guys who aren't interested in your services, even for half off. Just because you haven't come across them before doesn't mean they aren't out there." he said with a shrug. She was sure that not all the guys in six were suddenly gaining morals, as much as Bash wished that were the case. There were still plenty out there willing to pay for Carmina's services.

He sighed a bit, trying to think of what he could tell her. That was what made this thing so difficult. He didn't have an answer for what they could do in place of these activities. It wasn't like he had a job for them to do to get enough money for food. It wasn't like he had enough money to support the entire district. "Well, you could stop with the drugs at least." he commented, knowing that it wasn't going to go over well though.

"And you can join me for some dinner if you want. Like you said, everyone loves shit that is free." Bash grinned a bit at that. He didn't mind sharing a meal with her, the way he had done with Jetta. Maybe it would make her a feel a bit better about things at least? It was something. It was what he could do. "I'm going to have to go back to the barracks and put in to have this window replaced anyway." he said with a shrug. He could get her wrist bandaged up properly there too.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 06:46 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

Maybe the world of Six was just a man's world. Carmina wasn't sure that she was smart enough to figure out anything to do with transportation. She was still young and could maybe go back to school, but that sounded an awful lot like work. Carmina was soon laughing at the thought of stopping the drugs. She had done that before. It was a rough go and she had the house full of gang members to help her through it. To make sure that she was staying clean and to comfort her through the withdrawals.

"Easier said than done." She cocked her hip out to the side. And the drugs made her feel so good. How could she give that up? Nothing else had been able to cover up her pain and troubles like the drugs could.

"Right now? Dinner?" Free food. Carmina did like free stuff and if he was offering she would follow. Her brow was lifted and she looked in the direction of the barracks. She was well acquainted with where that place was. Other peacekeepers weren't as disinterested as this one. "What do ya 'ave fer dinner? Somethin' interestin?" She wondered what it was like to have enough money for a full course meal, or maybe what ever it was that they got in rations. She was full of curiosity and a spring in her step as she willingly followed.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 01:01 AM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien shrugged a bit. Sure he knew that was true. It was a lot easier to tell her to kick her drug habit than it would be to actually do it, but Carmina actually seemed to be a pretty strong individual. A few adjustments to her attitude and he was sure it was something she could handle doing. "Well, if you ever decide to I am sure I could figure out a way to help out." he told her. "Lock you up for a bit until you kick it. Bribe you with food or money. You know, the typical stuff." he said with a laugh despite being entirely serious. He would help her get through it if she decided to, but Bash knew well enough that he couldn't force anyone to do anything, especially Carmina.

He grinned a bit and nodded. "Yes, right now." he answered. He figured she would accept the opportunity without much fuss at all. She was even asking what they had to eat for dinner. He was briefly taken back to the evening he had spent with Jetta and the way she had scarfed down her plate of food and then passed out in his bed. It was very sad how much simple food meant to them. "I do believe that tonight is pasta night. Which usually includes some salad and bread...and of course dessert. That's usually whatever they feel like making us." he told her. They were eating much better than those in the rest of the district, though not quite as well as those in the Capitol of course.

He looked over to her as they walked to the barracks together. "But you are my whore if anyone asks." he added with a simple shrug. it would be easy enough for her to play the part. "I'm not actually supposed to feed you." he added. He was still going to though.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 09:25 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

"Yeah... Locked up. Typical." She laughed. Carmina had been surprised that she had actually gone through her life without being put behind the bars of the Justice Building. It was a place where she likely belonged. And maybe it came with a daily piece of bread, or whatever they were allotted there. She couldn't be sure. When people get out, they didn't talk much about it. Or they were killed.

Pasta. A simple staple. She had had it before, but typical plain. Sauces were a luxury to add to the carby things that they offered. It was cheaper than that of fruits and vegetables or even sweets. So, she grinned at the idea there might be a dessert. Something she hadn't really ever indulged in.

But, his next set of comments, they were like music to his ears. Carmina was easily deceived by her own stupidity. Bash had been a stern no before, but had he been changing his mind? He was attractive in the street clothes and even pretending that she was servicing him, well that would keep some of the meaner peacekeepers away. That was even enough, even if they didn't really do anything at all.

"In that case." She cuddled up beside him and pressed next to him while they walked the remainder of the way to the barracks. Her fingers toyed with the hem of his sweater. "So many barracks, do you get to live alone?" Her eyes looked to them. She knew where they were but, rarely had a glimpse of them.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 09:11 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien smirked a bit. "What? You don't want to be locked up? At least you'd get fed at least once a day and you'd be warm and safe enough." he said with a bit of a shrug. Even that was probably exaggerating how nice it would be in there. The food rations would be quite minimal and probably old as well. Safety would depend on the guard in charge during each shift. "Too bad I can't keep you locked up in my room. Then I could just make it all worth it and treat you like a princess." he added jokingly. Maybe he meant it in a certain way and maybe he didn't. You never really knew what you were getting with Bash

She was in for quite the surprise if she was expecting it to just be plain old pasta. They usually had a choice from a couple sauces, as well as if they wanted meat added to the dish as well. Plus the desserts were generally nice, even though they weren't the same as the ones you'd find in the Capitol. As long as they had Bash's favorite cupcake, which happened to be a staple dessert for the peacekeepers, then he would be pleased and he was sure she'd like it as well.

He laughed a bit when she was suddenly right up against him and toying with his sweater. He probably shouldn't have been as surprised as he was. When he had told Jetta to act that way she had done well, but Carmina was going above and beyond. It was actually her job after all. She had enough practice he was sure.

He wrapped a gentle arm around her waist, pulling her tighter to him. He gave a sort of half laugh, half snort sort of noise. "All that space you see isn't actually just for us." he commented. "I wish I lived a room, but I must share my room. Only the highest ranks get their own rooms...and of course those are like tiny apartments." he explained. "But don't worry, my roommate should be heading out for his shift." he explained.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 10:22 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

Safe enough. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing. And with the behavior of some of the peacekeepers, she wasn't sure that Bash really knew what safe meant. At least there was room to run when there were no bars to cage one in. Course, Bash wanted to change it all. He wanted to be one of the responsible peacekeepers and create a world where they were all so upstanding. It was a good thought and deep down Carmina hoped that all his dreams would come true.

"Me, a princess?" She giggled at the thought. Course, being locked up in the apartment would be hard to explain to his roommate. And well, he had a job to do. She would never want one of the good ones to lose their job over her. It would be different if Bash was a bad one.

A bright grin grew even bigger as she was pulled even closer. It was quite the show, she was dumb enough to be convinced that maybe it would be more than just dinner. Carmina was never good at boundaries or thinking anyone was just nice. They always wanted more. And she always felt guilty. "Oh, not into threesomes?" She accompanied the words with a wink. Carmina was only half joking. She had been paid to do many insane things in her short life. And that was only the tame tip of the iceberg.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.