admins
updates
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� August 4th
Pregames have started! Reapings are posted in the Districts Justice Buildings. Here we go 121st!
� July 8th
The votes are tallied! Looks like the most votes were for Reaping on August 4th and Bloodbath September 15th. If you don't have a tribute yet, Sign up!121st Intent List
� July 2nd
JULY NEWSLETTER is up with lots of important information!!!
� June 20th
We NEED a new staff! Check out the application - STAFF SEARCH!!!
� June 1st
The JUNE NEWSLETTER is posted with our latest information! Who is excited for the bloodbath tomorrow?
� May 24th
The Activity Check is here! And also don't forget to nominate some great people for June of the Months!
� May 1st
Check out our May Newsletter!
� April 21st
The Pregames have started! Find your Reaping in your District Justice Building!
� April 9th
We have a Staff Search Up! Also get those pictures for Shipper Forums to staff so we can get them in.
� April 2nd
Check out the April Newsletter! There is a fun event to go along with it!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Accidentally, On Purpose, attn Bash
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 10:44 PM
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers
Rep: 4 pts

Sebastien smirked a bit at that. "You are so different from the girls back home in so many ways. Most of them just think they should be treated like princesses all the time." he commented. It had been something that had both benefited him and annoyed the hell out of him in his teenage years. Treating a girl like a princess for a short time was an easy way to get what he wanted from them, but sometimes it was just incredibly annoying. Not that Bash hadn't enjoyed acting like a prince at times. "But yes, you, a princess. Most people deserve to be treated like royalty at least once in their lives." he added. He was a firm believer of that as well. Sometimes a good pampering was all a person needed.

If he could find a way to treat Carmina like a princess for a couple of hours he totally would. Of course he was going into this whole thing with a completely innocent mind. He didn't want this to be a situation where Carmina felt she had to put herself out there for him in exchange for the luxuries he was giving her.

He chuckled a bit, looking over to her at that. She was cute, he would give her that for sure. "Threesomes, yes. Threesomes that involve you and him, no. He's good in bed, but he's not worth risking you around him." he explained, not really thinking much about how he said it. Like he would actually be interested in a threesome with her and someone else. "He's kind of...completely insane? I am ninety-five percent sure there are body parts in jars in his trunk." he added, unfortunately not really joking.

He paused outside the door to the barracks and put in his code and used the scanner to get the door open, holding it open for Carmina. He smiled and motioned for her to go through like the perfect gentleman he sometimes was.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 11:15 PM
bend me, break me, take me
gang member
Issy
District Six
Rep: 5 pts

"Must be really diff here." She spoke out all she could think of to say when he brought up the girls in Two. Carmina didn't really know all that much about the other districts. Just the stuff she was allowed to assume from the costumes they wore at the parade and the details they divulged in their interviews. But, it hardly painted an accurate picture. "Well, it's a growin' trend... line up." She broke into a laugh, even though she was completely sober for once, some part of her found it all so ridiculous that Paxton and Bash were giving her so much. Did she have something painted on her forehead. Her hand pressed against her forehead just as she said it.

But, the next part of the conversation was a bit more interesting. Her fingers moved to her lips as she passed through the gate into the peacekeeper barracks area. It took her a while to process what he had actually said. "That is not what I expected to hear from mister prim and proper here." She shook her head and licked her lips. A hand pulled at his sweater as she walked backwards and allowed him to push her in the direction of his home. Carmina was used to the act, she knew what she had to look like while they were out in the open.

"He's good in bed... hmm? So that must be why I ain't your cuppa tea, ay?" She said it in a hushed tone. The fact that his roommate was a little bit crazy, well that was disturbing and she made a mental note not to run into him or linger at Bash's too long. "With the way you are flattering him, you'll be next." She teased as she continued her rather impressive skill of walking backwards without wavering.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 31 2018, 11:12 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien nodded, thinking a bit. There was such a drastic difference between his home district and here. Too many to name and he would never be able to explain it well enough to Carmina, not that he wanted to. He was too worried that it would sound like bragging and upset her. He finally wasn't fighting him and he didn't want to ruin this. "This may sound crazy, but I like it better here. If only because I have friends here...real friends." he commented, looking over to her for a just a second. He had never claimed to be sane anyway.

He perked an eyebrow though when she told him it was a growing trend. "Ohh...so Miss Carmina already has someone treating her like a princess?" he asked curiously with a mild bit of teasing to his tone as well. It's not like it would stop him from doing things for her. He just hadn't realized anyone around here was willing to treat her that nicely.

He chuckled a bit. "You clearly don't know me very well." he commented, amused that she actually found that shocking. That she considered him prim and proper. Sure, he tried, but there were so many layers to Sebastien and that was just the top one. He looked at her with interest though, like he truly was taking her back to his room just to enjoy her services. "You think I am gay?" he asked her, an amused smirk once again playing at the corners of his lips. "And that's why I don't want to sleep with you? Carmina...why would I want to limit myself by choosing to love one gender?" he asked curiously and innocently.

He moved her down the hallway toward his room. "He wouldn't dare try anything on me." he added quickly and he knew that to be true. He was sure if there hadn't been a rather heated exchange at the start of their rooming together then he would be missing a lot of fingers and toes at the very least by now. He stopped outside his room and knocked on the door to make sure no one was in before he opened it and pushed Carmina inside playfully.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Feb 4 2018, 07:11 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

This new demeanor on life was partially because she was sober and another part that Jetta talked her into being nicer. There wasn't anything to hurt by accepting the charity from others. If anything, she would be miles ahead of the other whores in the street by being well fed and well dressed. "Yes, been sleepin' at Paxtion's. Sometimes." She threw in the sometimes cause well, she didn't want to be owned by Pax. But, she did appreciate the warm and cushy bed that the large Victor's home had to offer.

"You are something else." She gave a roll of the eyes. Carmina never cared about what gender anyone truly liked. Carmina went wherever the money was, so she knew full well that it was possible to love anyone and anything.

She let out a boisterous giggle as she was pushed into the room that Bash called his own. It was the show that they had to put on. "You been bringin' other girls here?" She raised a brow as she teased him and looked around the room that she now found herself in. Carmina had no boundaries and moved quickly to running her fingers over different items in the room. "You know, I've had a lot of roomies I've hated in the past. Frickin bitches thinkin' they can serve my turf. And well, no one compares to my idiot mother." She gave a roll of the eyes.

Carmina spun around and skipped back to being at Bash's side. "So, this food?" That was why she was here, wasn't it? Course, she was hoping for even more. Any moment she assumed that he would want her to pay for the food in some way. It was her default. No matter how hard she was trying to be trusting in the good.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Feb 4 2018, 10:30 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Bash gave a skeptical look when she replied with Paxton as being the person who was already treating Carmina well. He wasn't exactly sure how he felt about that. In a way, he was glad he really was helping people like he said he was. That Bash wasn't the only one who was trying to save the people in this messed up district. On the other hand she simply had stated that she was sleeping there sometimes and that could mean a number of things. "Oh yeah? And what exactly is he getting out of it?" he asked, bitterness in his tone that he couldn't help.

He smirked a bit though. He liked that he was considered something else. Being different was fine as long as you did it in all the right ways. "I haven't actually brought anyone here in a while." he said with a shrug. He'd been spending a lot of nights on his own lately and when he needed company, he'd gone to their home. Being in this building was making him feel more and more trapped as the days went on. "Everything is clean. If that's what you mean. Probably far more clean than wherever you usually...you know..." he scratched the back of his neck.

He noticed the stuffed dog from his mother tucked down between the bed and the wall, where it always seemed to end up after a night of restless sleep. He wasn't really sure that was something he wanted Carmina to find so he slipped between her and the bed as soon as she had started to examine the room. "Still bet none of them kept severed fingers in their trunks." he said with a wink, leaning back and trying to push the childish toy down so it would go under the bed and out of sight.

"Right, the food. Is there anything you can't have that I should be aware of?" He asked. He had learned his lesson from Jetta that there really wasn't much they wouldn't eat, but he didn't exactly want to give Carmina something she couldn't have.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Feb 8 2018, 10:09 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

"Fuck if I know. I think he hit his head or somethin'." She shook her head. Carmina had offered, she had tried plenty of times to make sure that she was keeping up her end of whatever deal was going on there. But, maybe it was true about Victors. He had too much money and hadn't the slightest clue what to do with it. And she happened to be the right criminal at the right time.

Carmina let out a laugh as he stumbled through the next set of words. She was good at reading people and she ended up just tilted her head. "You really ain't got a clue what it's like ... you know." What it was like to sleep on a damp floor. What it was like to be beaten by one's own mother. What it was like to consider a week old clothes the cleanest in the world.

"Uh... I don't tink so?" Her face was morphed into a bit of confusion. Carmina's life hadn't been glamorous. There was only so much that she was ever able to get her hands on. Fruit, vegetables, and anything colorful was never part of the menu. Instead, her life had been bland in the worst way possible. Allergies or anything like that had never even crossed her mind and actually made her wonder what the question was all about. Carmina was stupid, but was she just that way as a product of the life she had been given?
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Feb 9 2018, 01:48 AM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

"Well it's a pretty good deal as long as he doesn't try to use you for anything and please...if he does, let me know." Sebastien added and it had absolutely nothing to do with him not thinking that Carmina could handle herself. He was sure that she would be able to for the most part, but he would not be pleased to find out that Paxton wasn't actually helping to help and he'd want to personally take care of that after their little argument. For now though, it would be good for Carmina.

He sighed and looked down at that. "I know. People keep telling me that." he mumbled a bit. He was getting tired of being told that as well. "Anyway, the bed is clean. The room is clean." he shrugged a bit at that, standing back up straighter now. He was a bit defeated when it came to that argument.

So, she didn't think there was anything she couldn't have. "Well, I will just get you some stuff then and we will hope for the best." Bash said with a shrug. It was all they could do and he assumed the chances of her being allergic to anything the meal would contain would be slim. "I will be right back then." he added, moving from the room at that.

He could have been worried that she would try to steal something, but there wasn't really anything for her to take that would be of any value to her. She wouldn't be able to get into his safe. Besides, she'd told him earlier that she didn't steal. He had trusted her then and he would now.

He got them each some of the pasta, sauce, and meatballs that went along with it as well as salad, a roll, a cupcake, and apple juice. Thankfully it was somewhat quiet around and he wouldn't have to worry much about being questioned. One of these days he wasn't going to be so lucky, but he'd face that when the time came.

"Alright. Dinner is served, m'lady." Bash said with a grin as he came back into the room, offering her one of the plates and the bottle of juice that he had tucked under that arm.
PM
^
Carmina Torque
 Posted on: Feb 17 2018, 02:54 PM
gang member
Issy
District Six

Clean wasn't always the way that she would describe her surroundings, but Bash was right. His room was clean, the bed was neat. Maybe it was the whole military thing. Carmina looked around before she spun and faced him when he said he had to go. A simple and quiet nod was given. There wasn't much to say, she was more thinking all about the food he was going to get and her stomach let out a grumble.

Her eyes wandered and her fingers pressed together awkwardly behind her back. Carmina had sticky fingers, but only on the rare occasion she wasn't paid enough by a client. Bash wasn't that guy. Bash was giving her food and extended the rules when she was out past curfew. There was no reason to take anything, if there was anything to take. So, she stood and rocked on her heels as she just waited.

Her hands eagerly reached out and took the plate from him as she took a big breath through her nose to take in the smells that were overwhelming. Barely any of this was anything she had had before and it was obvious by the expression on her face. "This is what you eat all the time?!" Her brows were raised higher and higher. Carmina knew that so many in Panem lived a different life than she did, but she didn't realize how different it was.

Carmina skipped any sort of manners and started to dig in. She hadn't eaten all night or all day. She had been far too busy working and her money was usually going to drugs. Drugs that she couldn't even do at Paxton's home. But, she was trying to cut back... that was a start right?

"This is delicious." There probably would have been a thank you in a normal person, but Carmina wasn't normal. So, she continued to eat and eat. Nothing much being said.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Yesterday at 02:21 pm
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien smirked a bit at her surprise, amused more than anything. Even after bringing Jetta here for dinner he still forgot how different this type and amount of food was for the people in this district. Back home this was such a normal meal when he was with his father. Not so much so when he was with his mother, but even then they'd had better options than were given to the people of six.

"Well, not this exact meal, but yes. This is how we eat all the time."
Bash told her with a shrug as he came and sat down beside her on his bed. He didn't seem to mind at all that she was lacking in manners and just dug right in. It made him sad more than it annoyed him. Jetta had done the same thing. "You may want to slow down a tiny bit." he did comment after a moment. He didn't need her puking in his room and he also figured she would want to keep this food in her. What a waste if she just ended up sick.

"I'm really glad you like it though." He added, eating some of his own now. He took his time though, unlike Carmina. There was no reason to rush and honestly he wasn't all that hungry. "So how did you end up living with Paxton?" he asked curiously after a moment. He couldn't help himself. He was trying to figure out what that whole situation was about. He wasn't sure how much he trusted Paxton's intentions after their fight.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem Flickering Darkness City of Light: The 100 RPG

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.