admins
updates
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� August 4th
Pregames have started! Reapings are posted in the Districts Justice Buildings. Here we go 121st!
� July 8th
The votes are tallied! Looks like the most votes were for Reaping on August 4th and Bloodbath September 15th. If you don't have a tribute yet, Sign up!121st Intent List
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

Two Are Better Than One, Attn. Felix
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Dec 19 2017, 01:18 PM
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers
Rep: 4 pts

Sebastien was growing tired of not being able to do much to help the people of district six, especially the ones who deserved it like Jetta. He just couldn't think of anything that could actually be done. It wasn't like he held enough money to buy food and provide for everyone in the district that needed it. He most certainly didn't hold any sort of weight within the Capitol, despite working for them. There was only so much he could do on his own and it was simply not enough. Carmina had been right about everything, well mostly everything, and he needed help. But where to find help?

He had hatched the plan the night before while he was tossing and turning in his bunk. The victors had riches beyond what any one person could ever need. The victors actually had some weight within the capitol. Maybe, just maybe, they could get something started. They could get something done. It was worth a shot anyway. So, he had made the decision to visit Paxton during his shift the next morning, figuring that he would be his best bet. He at least felt he didn't have to be afraid of Paxton turning him in to anyone for bringing this up. He couldn't possibly favor the Capitol after everything he had been through.

So, shortly after his morning shift had started he was able to slip away on his own like usual. He spent the first couple hours actually patrolling, not wanting to wake the man too early and have him pissy when he was trying to talk to him. Though once it was a decent hour he made his way over to the victor village. So few of the homes were actually lived in, in this part of the district. It wasn't hard to remember which one belonged to Paxton.

He walked up to his door, though hesitated for a moment. Was he doing the right thing here? Yes, he was. Even if Paxton laughed in his face the way Carmina had he could still at least say that he tried. What harm could it do? With that he lifted his fist and knocked on the door a couple times.
PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Jan 10 2018, 05:24 PM
Don't wish death upon someone unless you plan on following through.
Victor
Felix
Rep: 2 pts

"Momma! No, you can't put the cucumber in the toilet!" Paxton ran over to his mother and pulled the vegetable away from his mothers grasp. He sighed and talked his mother back over to the chair she was sitting in before she had gotten up to do whatever the hell her fucked up mind told her to do. "Sit here....If you're hungry I'll get you something." She nodded and he sighed as he made his way back to the kitchen. He placed the green vegetable back in the bowl and pulled out meat and bread for a sandwich before making his momma one.

PAX!!! I need a towel.... Paxton rolled his eyes as he heard his sisters voice from the top of the stairs. He felt like had become the only functioning adult in his fucking household. He growled before taking the sandwich to his mother. He set it on her lap and placed her hands on the bread before he walked to the bottom of the stairs to yell at his sister.

"FUCK ROX! They are in the god damn closet up there!" She glowered at him before turning to the closet to grab one. "AND FOR FUCKS SAKE DON'T WALK AROUND HERE NAKED!!!!" He shook his head and turned away from the stairs. It was then he heard the knock at the door. "Fuck, what now?!"

He threw open the door and narrowed his eyes at the peacekeeper that stood in the doorway. "What do you want? I'm a little busy here." He looked back inside and his sister was asking who it was. "It's not for you Rox now get in the freaking shower and cover up your naked ass!!" He turned back to the man standing in the doorway and stepped aside. "Come inside I guess...Just don't expect anything to be normal in here...."
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 11 2018, 06:28 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

user posted image

Bash kind of wished that the walls and the door that separated him from the chaos inside the Victor's home was thicker and more capable of keeping the sounds from passing through to where he could hear every little thing that was being yelled inside. Cucumber in a toilet, that was just odd. Naked. That could be incredibly promising as long as the person who was being accused of walking around naked was good looking. There was a bit of hesitation, Bash looking over his shoulder as if he may bolt away before Paxton got to the door. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your prospective, Bash didn't scare that easily.

"I noticed, but this shouldn't take too long."
Bash assured him. He hoped that it wouldn't take too long anyway. He looked past him to see if he could catch a glimpse of whoever it was the Paxton was so eager to get covered up. Must have been his sister, judging by the name he was using and who Bash knew lived there. Of course he had done his research before coming to his home.

He stepped inside when he was invited in, chuckling a bit. "Don't worry. Normal is boring." he said, waving it off like it was no big deal. He honestly thought that maybe this meeting, however it ended up, would be far more entertaining than he anticipated if his family continued to act completely insane. "I hate to impose on you like this, but I wasn't sure who else to come to and I thought maybe you could help me out or offer me some insight." he added, but he didn't actually mention what he wanted to say yet. He wanted to gauge his reaction a bit first.
PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 06:50 PM
Victor
Felix

Paxton didn't care if whoever it was that was on the other side of the door could hear every word coming from his home. Everyone had their issues and it was easier for people to blame other people than it was to take on their own blame. Paxton never blamed other people for his problems, he took matters into his own hands and fixed things on his own. It was his father was dead, his mother and sister were living with him. Sure, he still had the nightmares and people thought he was a careless asshole, but it was better that way. People left him alone that way. He didn't make it a point to head into town very much. And when he did it was sickening, but even with all the money the capitol was giving him, it wasn't enough. They hadn't gotten enough after he won, and things were still falling apart. He was considered heartless, but he was the only victor that had come home...

"Good, come on in, have a seat on the couch over there." He looked up and sister was still standing in the hallway, butt as naked. She had wanted to see who it was that visiting them because they didn't often have visitors. Ooooh he's cute! Paxton narrowed his eyes at his sister and pointed to the bathroom. "NOW ROXY!" She stuck out her bottom lip and stomped into the bathroom and slammed the door. He growled before he walked over to the chair that sat across from the couch. "You saw nothing...got it?" He wasn't too happy with this sister, but now there was a fucking peacekeeper sitting in his living room, who had just seen his little sister full blown fucking naked. She, of course, spent a lot of her time in town. If he heard the peacekeeper was touching her, he would kill him.

"You're going to ask me for insight? Are you sure you have the proper house? Perhaps you meant to go elsewhere?" he didn't have a very good reputation when it came to six. He hadn't brought home a victor, all the kids that went into the games died. He couldn't even offer them proper advice to get them home. He hadn't donated his money to the families, he didn't offer condolences because he couldn't even get over himself and now this peacekeeper wanted to ask him for insight? Was he fucking crazy?! "Alright, but you asked for it..." He urged him to continue.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 03:16 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Bash couldn't help the grin on his face when Paxton's little sister called him cute. He was down right adorable and from what he had seen, she wasn't so bad herself. He made his way over to the couch that Paxton spoke of, sitting down. Aaw, Paxton was protective of his little sister. That was adorable and understandable, he would respect that around the victor. Though, he wouldn't make any promises if Roxy and him found themselves face to face while big brother wasn't around. "Got it." he shrugged like it was no big deal at all.

He chuckled some at his shock and the questions. "No, I am sure this is the right place and you are the guy I was hoping to speak with." he assured him, shaking his head some. Though, he was starting to rethink his plan a little bit. Well, what little plan he had managed to come up with before coming over here. Paxton was a victor, he had a pull with the Capitol that Bash didn't have. He also had more freedom than Bash did in this case.

"Look, I am going to get right to the point here. This district is a fucking mess, right.?Like...district twelve is probably in far better shape than this place when you really think about it." Sebastian started, being completely upfront and honest. Sometimes that was the best way to get what you wanted. He just wasn't exactly sure what he really wanted from Paxton. He just knew that if anyone could help, he could. "Something around here needs to change. Would you agree?" he asked him curiously.

He swallowed hard. What was he thinking? Why should Paxton care about the rest of the district? He was a Victor. He had been through hell and back to get to where he was and he wasn't obligated to worry about or help anyone else in the district, but maybe, just maybe he wanted to. Even if it was a single person he wanted to help. That would be a start. "I am tired of running into these young girls who are selling themselves or running drugs..." he mumbled. He was curious what Paxton's sister got herself into when she was out and about. Maybe the mention of young girls, like her, getting into trouble was a good spot to hit. He would just have to see.

PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Jan 19 2018, 10:40 AM
Victor
Felix

Paxton knew the peacekeeper was full of shit but it was a good thing that he was minding his p's and Q's while he was in his home. The victor was pretty sure the asshole was here for a reason, probably wanted something from Paxton. That's all anyone ever stopped by for. Because they wanted money, or place to stay, or please Paxton spare some food. It was annoying, sure he usually obliged, well when it came to the food and sometimes a place to stay. But money, well that was a different. He couldn't go around giving money to everyone or he'd run broke quickly and he needed to take care of his own family too.

He eyed the man sitting across from him and perked a brow. "Yeah? Well get on with it then....I have a lot of stuff to do today." Paxton let out a sigh before readjusting himself in the seat. His mother stared blankly at the window in front of her and upstairs the shower can be heard being turned off. If she comes out here naked, I'm going to be beat her. He thought to himself. He needed his sister to act more like a woman and not a small child. She was going to end up in trouble if she wasn't careful.

Finally, he was going to get to the point. He let out a breath and scooted to the edge of his seat. "Yeah alright, what is your point." The district, a mess, duh. That was obvious, it had been falling apart for years and Paxton was convinced that the capitol had a hand in it. "You're stating the obvious...I fail to see the point yet." Paxton heard the door to the bathroom open and he shot up out of his seat. His sister was wrapped in a towel and Paxton rolled his eyes. "Still not excusable Roxy! This man doesn't need to see you in fucking towel, now go put some damn clothes on!" She rolled her eyes and slammed the door to her bedroom. Paxton sat back down and looked at the peacekeeper. "Yeah, change ,whatever. What's your point....?"

When the peacekeeper started talking again, Paxton found himself nodding at his words. Yeah, he was tired of it too.
But what was going stop this girls from going out and selling their bodies. Paxton had already met one that was set in her ways, she didn't need a man telling her how to live. It was obvious that she thought she had to live the way she did. "Alright, I'll bite. And how do we get these young women to realize their life doesn't have to be sex and drugs? I've tried with one, they don't care, they aren't looking for a change and for fucks sake nothing I did seemed to matter"

PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 21 2018, 07:39 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien once again found himself unsure of what he was doing here and what he had gotten himself into. He had never actually spoken to Paxton before and so he wasn't exactly sure why he had made the assumptions that he would actually be willing or interested in helping the rest of district six. His thought process had been very minimal, which was how Bash typically worked. Everything was just on a whim and very rarely thought through. It actually worked out well often, but then other times things just crashed and burned and he had a feeling that was what was going to happen here.

He sighed a bit when Paxton stated he had things to do, but it only made his mind wander further. What exactly did Victor's in district six do in their spare time? Chase after their mothers who clearly aren't all there mentally or continue to scream at their sister's to put on clothes? Because really he couldn't imagine Paxton doing anything else at this moment. He had briefly glanced over toward Roxy again when she reappeared in a towel, but quickly refocused his attention on Paxton. It wasn't hard to do as he was just as good looking as the girl. "Look, we are both obviously tired of it all, but we seem to be the only ones. I literally fed a girl named Jetta the other day and sent her away with a good chunk of my own money...I can't do that all the time. No one can, but there has to be something we can do for girls like her." He continued.

He didn't know exactly what that something would entail, but he knew that he was going to need help with it. "You're a Victor. You are someone who the Capitol actually likes. You have some...influence on them that the rest of us do not." He said. "Maybe it is time to bring this situation to their attention." He continued with a shrug as he leaned back against the couch, waiting for a reaction from Paxton...that would most likely be quite negative.

He sighed a bit and looked down, running his fingers through his hair a bit as he contemplated if any of this was worth it. Why he thought that he and maybe this Victor could bring change to the people of district six. But then he remembered Jetta and the way she spoke about things here. The way that she had scarfed down her food so quickly. Then there was Carmina and how fucked up she was. It wasn't right for these young girls to have to throw their lives away like this. "You probably think I am an idiot for all of this, but...I have to at least try and do something for them." He said quietly.

PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Jan 22 2018, 10:56 PM
Victor
Felix

Paxton was interested in why this peacekeeper gave a shit so much. No one else had ever gave two fucks about what happened in six until this asshole came around. Now, he wanted to come to Paxton and ask for help? What the fuck was Paxton supposed to do? "Tired of it all....yeah that's an understatement. I'm tired of asshole men thinking they treat women however the fuck the please and get away with it. I'm tried of people treating each like they don't fucking matter. Expecting people to give them something for what they get. It's bullshit, but what the fuck am I supposed to do? I got money, sure, but I can't fucking give it all away either. I got a family to take care of...my mom's medical bills ain't cheap you know?" He looked at his mother who now seemed to be drooling a bit. He sighed and stood up. He walked over to her and knelt down in front of her. He placed his hands on hers and smiled up at her. "Mama..." She blinked a couple of times before looking down at her son. She smiled and patted his cheek with her hand.

He stood back up and walked over to where Bash sat and shook his head. He was still talking and when he said the capitol actually liked him, he laughed out loud. "The fuck, man!? You think..." He laughed again and sat down in the chair once more. "You think those over groomed fuck tards like a guy like me? A guy that comes from drugs and scum? A guy that won by losing his fucking shit in the arena? Dude, you got it all wrong. No one likes me...hell I don't even like me. I got no more pull than you do in that place, hell you probably got more than I do."

Then the name Jetta hit his ears. That sweet girl from the railroad tracks, just trying to get away. Trying to live her life, trying to be normal in a fucked up world. His mind then jumped to Carmin, the spitfire that could bite him back with the same tone that he offered. No matter how nice he was to her, she still had that bitterness. "Nah...Idiot ain't the word I'd use...a bleeding fucking heart maybe....but idiot...nah..." He took in a deep breath and looked at Bash. "Look, the biggest fucking problem around here, is the fact that peacekeepers like yourself allow this shit to happen. Not only that but women, and young fucking girls think there have no other god damn choice. Luckily my sister ain't gotta live that life....But only because I killed a bunch of fucking kids. So excuse me if ain't leaping up offering my fucking heart too. What can we do? Nothing...you know why? Because these people are so fucking broken that they think their life has to be this way. It's fucked....and there ain't no fixin it."
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 04:44 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Bash stared at him, trying to figure the guy out. He was no better than the rest of the people in six, it seemed. Sure, he wasn't doing or selling drugs or starving as far as Bash could tell, but he had the same attitude as the rest of them. He thought that everyone was a lost cause and that one person, such as himself, couldn't do anything at all to make a difference. He didn't understand that they could work together. Maybe get more people to help them as well. He wouldn't understand. He was just going to have to figure out something else.

"You're still a victor. At least some people in the Capitol have to like you. Maybe not a huge majority, but still some." Bash shook his head a bit and looked down at his lap for a moment as Paxton continued on with telling him what a pointless attempt it was to try and help anyone in district six. At least until he crossed a line. peacekeepers like yourself. What the fuck had he been trying to do this entire time if it was not to stop these men from taking advantage of these young girls? To stop these kids from living a life of drugs and crime? Jetta had told him about the guys who had attacked her and her family. How her family was gone. He had hunted down those pieces of shit who had done it and made sure all of them would pay for what they had done. Two less men out there to cause trouble for girls like Jetta and Carmina. If Carmina came to him stating a guy had hurt her, you better be damn sure that he would go after them too.

He stood up at that. "Don't you ever equate me to those dicks who are allowing and partaking in ruining these girls. I have been busting my ass trying to figure out ways to help people like Jetta and Carmina. I have hunted down men who have wronged them. I have fed them. I have handed them cold, hard cash. I am doing the best I fucking can as one person to clean up this place!" Bash snapped. He was angry. Bash very rarely ever got angry, especially to the point where he was yelling like this. He was usually so good at brushing everything off that was thrown at him, but everyone snapped eventually.

"The problem isn't people like me." Bash said quickly. "It's people like you. You all are so quick to just give up and decide that none of them can be helped. None of them can be saved. You're fucking wrong." He hissed, storming off over toward the door to leave. "You've decided that you can't do anything for these people because that's the easy way. It doesn't make it the only way." He added before storming out of the house at that, slamming the door behind him.

It seemed that he was truly on his own in this and while it wasn't ideal, he was going to do what he could. He wasn't going to give up on these people just because people like Paxton and Yasmine would rather see the district burn than be saved. He was only one person, but he was the right kind of person for the job.
PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Jan 24 2018, 02:37 PM
Victor
Felix

Paxton sat there for a moment and watched as the peacekeeper struggled with himself. He appeared to be getting angry and Paxton wasn't sure where this was going to go, but when he stood up and started insulting him in his own home? That was the last fucking straw. The man that sat there had no idea what Paxton went through, no idea what he had done or what he hadn't done. This self-righteous asshole comes into his home and asked him for help and blow up at him because he thinks that Paxton owes this district something? He had another thing coming.

The capitol didn't like Paxton, no matter how they spun it. Paxton was there for entertainment value, someone to blame for the poor tributes, someone to poke fun at when they didn't make it through the games. And this pompous asshole had the audacity to tell him he didn't care?! The victor clenched his fists and watched at the fucker slammed his door and stormed out of his home. Paxton took a breath and walked over to his mother. He kissed her forehead. "I'll be right back momma don't go anywhere."

He threw open the door on his own home and walked down a couple of steps before stopping. "You self-righteous son of a bitch! Don't you fucking insult me in my own home and walk away! Who the fuck do you think you are!? I don't give a fuck who these other peacekeepers are that you are so openly against. Sure, you're different from them! But how much have you actually fucking helped since you arrived? Are there still drugs on the street? Are young girls still selling their bodies? GOOD FUCKING JOB! You managed to help a few girls. Guess what, I'm doing the same fucking thing. So don't you sit in my house and assume you know what I've done!"

"Quick?! You think me coming to the harsh fucking realization that my district is fucked was quick?! You've got some fucking nerve...you've been here what....a couple years!? I've been here my whole god damned life! I've been trying since the day I could fucking walk clean this place up. But guess what...the fucking capitol doesn't' want us clean! We are the villain, we are the ones to blame for everyone else's shit!" He took in a deep breath and walked closer to the peacekeeper.

"You know nothing about how we live...Who we take care of or how we cope with the shit we live in. My mother...You think she fucking woke up one day like that? No, that's years of a fucking abuse, years of torment and people not giving two fucks about us here in six. I took care of that problem though, but I guess that doesn't fucking matter. She isn't some pretty little thing on the street that you can throw money at is she?
No, you don't fucking care that much so don't stand there and say you know what is going on in this piss pot of a district."
He spit at his feet and crossed arms over his chest.

"I do everything that I can, each and every fucking year to bring those kids home...but's never enough.
And while I'm doing that...knowing what kind of lives they come from, I have to sit there and listen to the capitol hound on my kids. Listen to the horrible fucking things they say about them...Try living like that...Then tell me what you think of the capitol."
He sighed and wiped his face free of the angry tears that streamed down his face.
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 10:25 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

user posted image

Sebastien really hadn't expected the victor to follow him out of the house and he was already a good ways down the path when he heard the other man come out yelling at him. He sighed and turned around to face him, but he didn't speak. He didn't yell back. He didn't even do so much as roll his eyes at the other man. Instead he just stood still, looking at him for a moment and then down to the ground while he let him rant. Bash wasn't actually sure how to react at him at first. There was still anger bottled up inside of him as well, but he was realizing it wasn't actually anger toward Paxton. Paxton had just been the convenient choice to unleash it on before. No, this anger was something that ran so much deeper than Paxton and the things he had said.

When he finished Bash looked up, noticing that he was wiping at his eyes. It wasn't dust or an eyelash that he was wiping away either. No, it was tears. He was crying. That made Bash even more unsure of how to react and that's why he stood there in silence for even longer. A couple seconds? Minutes? Eternity? It felt like it could have been eternity before he finally sighed and shook his head a bit. "I hate them." The words that finally came out of his mouth were mumbled at first before he seemed to find his voice. "I hate them. The Capitol. I hate them for what they make children do. I hate them for what they allow to happen in the districts. I hate them for what they have done to this place." He chewed his lip, his eyes locked on Paxton now. That was how he felt about them.

It was something that had always bothered him. He wasn't from a district like six. He was from two, where they were supposed to all be rich and happy. The majority were, but no matter what there would always be someone in a district who couldn't work for some reason. Who wasn't able to provide for themselves. His mother had been one of those rare cases. A single mother, who hadn't been able to work a job that supported them enough due to physical conditions. No, Bash had never known hunger. He'd never known poverty in the way these people had, but he knew what it was like to be on the bottom of his district and what the Capitol thought of those on the bottom. Maybe had they not been overlooked and pushed aside then they would have had the chance to live in a house that wasn't falling apart. The fire never would have started and his mother would still be alive. What would have happened to Bash had his father not been willing to take him in?

"I have helped in every way that I possibly can. I have put my job, my privileges, my life on the line to do what I can for the people in this district." Bash said quickly. "Since the moment I arrived in this district I wanted to fix it, but you should know, as one person, it's not an easy task and that's why I came to you in the first place." he told him. Paxton had gotten so angry and fired up over being called out about not doing enough for the people in his district, in the same way that Bash had. They were similar than Paxton would probably like to admit and that is what Bash was realizing. That he had gotten from Paxton exactly what he had wanted all along. For someone to care. To know someone besides himself actually gave a damn about any of this.

He stepped closer to Paxton as well and since they had both taken this step they were probably a mere couple inches apart at this point. "You care more than you let on back there." he commented. "And I care far more than you think I do. Your mother? I would have helped her in a heartbeat if I could have. I would do the same for your sister or you if the need arose." he told him. "I don't help the people I help because they are pretty. Do you think I am just throwing money at these girls after sleeping with them and calling that helping? I haven't even thought about any of them like that." he continued. He didn't even care if Paxton believed that or not because it was actually the truth and Bash knew that. The girls would know that.

He finally backed off a bit and shook his head. "Maybe the Capitol doesn't actually like you and maybe it's not as easy to help them as it would be if they did, but you still care. You claim you have been helping too. You're already doing more than most the people around here. So why push me away so much?" he questioned him. "You feel shitty enough about everything to cry about it. So use it. Get angry. Stay angry. Make changes. No one ever said any of this would be easy." He wasn't sure if he was actually making any progress now or not. He could just further be pissing Paxton off at him. Maybe he had completely misread him. He wasn't sure anymore, but he wasn't going to give up when there was still a chance.

PM
^
Paxton Hydrolic
 Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 10:39 PM
Victor
Felix

His breathing was short and he was huffing as he tried to catch his breath from yelling at the peacekeeper. The arrogant bastard who thought he knew who Paxton was. He had no idea the things that Paxton had done for the people in the district. He didn't kill kids for his own benefit, he killed kids because he knew if he didn't come home his mother and sister would be dead. It would have been so much fucking easier to just them kill him, but he fought, he knew he had to go home and take care of the son of a bitch that was still living and breathing in his own home.

They stood there staring at each other for a while, who knew how long it actually was. But when Bash spoke again, it was short and to the point. I hate them. Paxton nodded his head in agreement. "I hate them as well. It's unfair and they just don't care anymore. Actually, that's not true, they care too fucking much. They throw their fucking noses into everything but when it comes to their own little capitol, heaven forbid any of their own go into the games." That would be fair.

"And I have done everything I could for the people..." He shook his head and looked down at the ground. "No, that's not true...I haven't done everything I could. But you can only help those that want to be helped or those who want to help themselves, but I do what I can to make sure those kids come home, but it never helps, I have been the only victor in this district for years and it fucking kills me. Watching year after year those kids getting killed at the hands of other kids....It's never enough." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "All I have is money..."

"Of course I care, Sebastien. This place is my home....but I also can't let it drown me. I can't let the misery and the hate of this fucking world drown me. I have to keep my head above water for those around me." He sighed and shook his head. "No one else gave two fucks about the horrible things my family was going through. It's why I had to come home from the games no one else was going to Protect them from him." It was the first time he had actually said it out loud since he had killed his father. He hadn't outright admitted to it, but it was implied.

"There isn't shit I can do for those who don't want help. I have tried to help people but I am taken advantage off or written off. Throw away, used as a fucking bank. I can't do that...that's not who I am. Like I said, I have a family to think about!" He sighed and turned away from the peacekeeper for a moment. "But I haven't walked away completely....nor will I ever."
PM
^
Sebastien Marsak
 Posted on: Feb 25 2018, 07:52 PM
D6 Peacekeeper
Emmie
PeaceKeepers

Sebastien shook his head a bit at that. He didn't like the idea of sending any Capitol children into the games either. He didn't even want to just send adults from the Capitol in again, unless they were the ones who were involved in politics and such. They were the ones who actually deserved to be tortured for all that they had put everyone through. It seemed that they did have something in common though. In their hate for the Capitol and that they both wanted something done.

Bash had realized quite quickly now that Paxton did care and he was doing what he could...and that maybe he had been a bit harsh in expecting so much more from him. He had just been so desperate for the help and to have someone else who could possibly make a difference that he had been far too demanding and expectant of the victor. He was so quiet as the other man spoke, staring at the ground in front of him like he was a child being scolded for something that he knew he had done wrong.

"Paxton. I'm sorry for the way I came at you with all of this." He said after he had finished and turned away from him. Would his apology mean much at all? He wasn't sure, but he definitely felt bad and that he needed to apologize. His mother had taught him to own up to the things he had done wrong. "I was...am...desperate and I took it out on you and I shouldn't have." he added.

He knew that he had a lot on his plate with the tributes each year. He had to deal with trying so hard to bring them home only to fail year after year. Bash couldn't imagine how that felt, but he knew it wasn't good. "I didn't think before I came to you. I just wanted someone else who cared because no one else cares around here. Even about the people who actually want help. The ones willing to accept it." He shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.

As for Paxton's father, Bash knew the story well enough to have suspected something of the sort, but no one had ever gone after Pax for it. What was the point when he had just been a kid? A kid who wanted to protect his family. Bash wasn't going to. He would have done the same if he were in that situation. He knew that he would have. "If I had known, I would have done something. I know that I can't speak for the other peacekeepers or anyone else really, but I would have...and I don't blame you for doing it." He sighed and turned around himself.

"Look, I am really sorry for bothering you like this. Just...thank you for doing what you can, when you can." Bash said quietly. A little was better than nothing, if he really was trying to help people as much as he thought he was. "And...I will help if I can with any issues you come across. That's all I wanted. Someone to work with me instead of against me for once." He finished. He stood still for a moment before he just turned and began to walk away from him now. There was nothing more he could say. Nothing more to be done.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.