admins
updates
� July 2nd
CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST VICTOR PROSPER PINE! Read about it here - The In The End
� July 2nd
The July Newsletter is up! Take a read - Thank you!
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

Oya-Iyansan, [CLOSED]
Antiope Damu-Almasi
 Posted on: Oct 4 2017, 10:02 PM
Pearl necklace or not, a swine will always be a swine.
Career
Alex
Rep: 8 pts

Click. Click. Click. The sound of her heels echoed against the shiny floor of the training center. It was not common for Careers to wear such attire to train, but this was a special occasion. The reintroduction of Antiope Malkia Damu-Almasi to the world. After the humiliating defeat during the selection panel she had not been seen in public, she could only imagine the rumors that had surrounded her disappearance. The satisfaction that Phaedra had felt telling the story of her victory. If one could it that. Was feeding crumbs to the pigeons a victory? She didn't think so.

The door swung open and immediately all eyes were on her. An audible gasp, and she smiled. No, she smirked. Cocky. She continued walking pretending like she could not see all the eyes on her shaved head, as if it was completely natural. No big deal. Plenty of women shaved their heads, didn't they? None of them as vain as Antiope but since when did that matter?

If anything this was charity, now the envious peasant girls who had always wished they had her beautiful dark locks could now feel more confident about their looks. Antiope was a queen to the people, and she had finally shown so by allowing them to feel closer to her. She grabbed an axe from the rack and continued walking dragging it behind her heels. It was a statement piece: the absolutely most brutish weapon against the elegant beauty that she had to offer.

Finally she came to a stop. It took Phaedra a few seconds to recognize the girl standing in front of her, and when she did it was the face-crack of the century: wide-eyes, jaw drop, absolute horror. Antiope knew what the bitch was thinking: she had fallen off the deep end, she was here to murder her. Wasn't that the only way to get her spot? No. Not when you were as regal and devious as Antiope. A bright smile appeared on her face: ”Congratulations Phaedra, I forgot to tell you that the other day,” she went in for a hug, the embrace was awkward but it served its purpose, it asserted her dominance. She could have been the chosen one, but they both knew who the real threat there was.

The Queen of petty.

--------------------
- Accuracy (-5 to opponent's AC)
- Aggro (Once a fight, tribute can attack twice in one post)
- Stiletto: Starts games with a killer pair of heels 1d40 - they break if they roll a stun
**Can switch between hand weapon and foot weapon interchangeably without taking a turn to switch.
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Oct 5 2017, 01:25 AM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One
Rep: 2 pts

Bishop observed the exchange from a distance, he had been one of the trainers to vote Phaedra in over Antiope. He definitely thought the younger girl was more talented, but her passion was misguided, she was too hot-headed which would be a detriment in the Arena. Then again, had he not pushed hard for Artemis Opulentos the year before only to watch her die during the Bloodbath?

His eyes narrowed as he watched Antiope lean over to hug Phaedra who looked as of though her dead grandmother had come back from the grave. It would have been funny had he not been ready to spring to action when Antiope body slammed the other girl. The hug, however, was simply that, no funny business.

Intrigued he took a few steps towards the situation. Antiope had been critiqued on being too much of a girly-girl, being too violent, and not likable enough. He could only assume the shaved head was a way for her to counter the first of her critiques, and by hugging her bitter enemy she was hoping to shed the other two. It was strange, it was like seeing a caged tiger acting like a house cat in order to get something. What that something was though was completely unknown to Bishop.

"Is everything alright here?" he asked as he reached the scene, a put-on smile playing on his lips. Phaedra looked at him with wide eyes, still clearly unable to speak her mind. Antiope on the other hand was all smiled.
"Oh! Trainer Caballero, so enthused to see you. I want you to know, I understand the panel's decision, and I am more than willing to change for I intend to represent District One next year like I was offered," her words were the same verbous language she always used, the same regal tone, except she was smiling a lot more than usual. Something was definitely off.
"Yes, of course, let me know if you would like to train anytime," he said with narrow eyes, Antiope nodded and smiled again.
"You can count on it sir," she said, once again far too happy. Could it be possible that she had changed so quickly? A reality check, the realization that her attitude had made her lose what she had been working so hard for. It certainly had worked on King, but could that be the case for a seventeen-year-old girl too?
]
PM
^
Antiope Damu-Almasi
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 03:06 PM
Career
Alex

Antiope was convinced she had been born to be a Victor, she already lived a rather luxurious life but having her own mansion, money, and avoxes to spoil her was something that a queen such as herself deserved. It was something that a mere peasant girl like Phaedra would never take full advantage of. What was she going to do with all the money? On second thought, there was no chance that Phaedra would even get the money because she had a 0% chance of winning the Hunger Games. She was terrified of Antiope already, how would she be able to handle the giant guy hailing from Two? Or the seductive siren from Four? She was way over her head.

Antiope taking her spot was yet another act of charity to allow Phaedra to continue living her life. She assumed it was not much of a life though considering that Phaedra had taken her sloppy seconds, she was hideous, and she had very little talent besides opening her legs for taken men. But it certainly beat being dead.

Trainer Caballero had approached the scene, asking if things were fine. She should have been offended by the notion that he believed she would do something as stupid as hurt Phaedra in front of everyone. Antiope was far too intelligent for that, if she was to murder Phaedra she would do it at night, with no witnesses and making sure the crime could not be traced back to her. Why? Because despite her hot temper she knew when to keep herself calm.

Suddenly, an idea sprang into her head. She turned to trainer Caballero and smiled, a million dollar smile, "Sir, do you think it would be a good idea for Phaedra and myself to spar? I know that she has won, and we have had our differences in the past, but I believe that training against a strong opponent would be the best for her. I certainly want her to represent District One with poise and bring glory to us. I am a patriot above all, so I believe it to be my duty to help my compatriot train," her words were like silk against her tongue. She watched as the trainer looked at her with raised eyebrows, then at Phaedra then back at her. Confused. Manipulated by her very game. Thrilling.

"What do you think?" he asked Phaedra and Antiope had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. Had her argument not been solid enough? Since when did the petulant swine's opinion matter?
"Uh... okay... yeah, absolutely! But no weapons. I need to practice my hand-to-hand," Phaedra finally said, her shoulders squaring down trying to appear confident, but she was as see through as a window. She was scared. And Antiope was loving every second of it.

--------------------
- Stiletto: Starts games with a killer pair of heels 1d40 - they break if they roll a stun
**Can switch between hand weapon and foot weapon interchangeably without taking a turn to switch.
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Nov 14 2017, 02:41 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One
Rep: 2 pts

Bishop knew that Antiope was right, Phaedra would benefit from being able to practice against an opponent who was closer to her own abilities. And for all her faults, Antiope had always been an impressive warrior. Phaedra seemed scared, almost as of though she was worried that she would lose her spot if she lost the fight, but that was not possible. The decision was official.

"You wearing those?" he asked Antiope pointing at her heels, it was definitely not the adequate footwear to spar though he wasn't about to tell someone not to wear something. Especially not when they already had someone selected to represent District One.
"I forgot training shoes Trainer Caballero, I apologize, but I am certain I can handle myself on these," that same coy smile from earlier. He couldn't argue with her logic, not when she knew the possible ramifications of fighting with such footwear.

With a nod Antiope placed the axe she had been dragging on the closest rack and both girls faced each other. Both assumed combat positions, and on his go the fight started. For a few seconds neither moved, both simply shifting in place waiting for the other to attack first. Finally it was Antiope who attacked, a cross-punch which Phaedra avoided with a quick side-step. "Good foot-work!" he said with a nod, waiting for the retaliation.
PM
^
Antiope Damu-Almasi
 Posted on: Nov 14 2017, 02:55 PM
Career
Alex

The fear in Phaedra's face was palpable, and it made Antiope smile in glee. The other girl was still terrified of her, even though she had been the one to be chosen to represent District One, she still recognized the superiority of Antiope. Not like that should have been surprising considering the fact that even worker bees recognized their queen regardless of whether they were from the same colony or another. The animal kingdom was simple proof to back-up the situation.

When the fight started she stared at Phaedra expecting for her to make the first move, after all, was she not the chosen one? Antiope was there supposedly to help her train, so she should play defense should she not? After what seemed like an eternity, however, she got tired of waiting, it was obvious that Phaedra was too scared to make the first move and thus it was Antiope who would have to really start things off.

Phaedra managed to avoid the punch, Trainer Caballero giving her a compliment on her quick footwork, which irritated Antiope. What about the perfect form of her punch?

Suddenly Phaedra's claw-like hand was coming at her, but Antiope didn't move because she knew exactly what she was doing: hair grabbing. It was her go-to move, but now that she had shaved her head Antiope did not have anything for Phaedra to grab onto, her hair was too short for her rival's claws to grab onto her locks. And thus she only felt the scratch on her scalp.

A devilish smirk appeared on her face, that was exactly why she had shaved her beautiful locks, it made her stronger, far less vulnerable to petty attacks. The opportunity was golden and thus Antiope punched Phaedra square in the face, the other girl backed away with a scream of pain, from her clenched hands she could see blood flowing from her crushed nose. She could have stopped but she chose not to, instead she sent a kick at her stomach, her heel digging into the soft flesh and sending her flying to the ground landing on her ass with wide eyes and a loud noise. In a matter of seconds Antiope was on top of her, she grabbed the other by the hair and with her other fist pummeled
the defenseless peasant.

"Stop, stop!" Trainer Caballero yelled pulling her away, she allowed him to. Looking at him with innocent eyes. "That's enough," he repeated, she nodded innocently.
"Are you okay Phaedra? she asked offering the other a hand, her voice a decibel too sweet.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.