admins
updates
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� August 4th
Pregames have started! Reapings are posted in the Districts Justice Buildings. Here we go 121st!
� July 8th
The votes are tallied! Looks like the most votes were for Reaping on August 4th and Bloodbath September 15th. If you don't have a tribute yet, Sign up!121st Intent List
� July 2nd
JULY NEWSLETTER is up with lots of important information!!!
� June 20th
We NEED a new staff! Check out the application - STAFF SEARCH!!!
� June 1st
The JUNE NEWSLETTER is posted with our latest information! Who is excited for the bloodbath tomorrow?
� May 24th
The Activity Check is here! And also don't forget to nominate some great people for June of the Months!
� May 1st
Check out our May Newsletter!
� April 21st
The Pregames have started! Find your Reaping in your District Justice Building!
� April 9th
We have a Staff Search Up! Also get those pictures for Shipper Forums to staff so we can get them in.
� April 2nd
Check out the April Newsletter! There is a fun event to go along with it!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

From the Farthest Reaches of Panem, D12 Train [COMPLETE]
Eleanore Cinder
 Posted on: Nov 25 2017, 11:26 AM
we read to know we're not alone
thirty-two
Victor/Mentor
Issy
Rep: 11 pts

Eleanore would be lying if she had to say she was happy lately. There was nothing happy about her life. Her best friend had been hurt time and time again and though she had watched it and had a desperate want to tell him "I told you so" she hadn't. She wasn't even sure how she was going to approach it this games. It was some nobody from the Capitol. Someone who wasn't worthy of the man who made sure she had become a gracious and giving victor. The man who had made sure that she didn't end up a crazy psych ward case like so many of the others.

But, this year she had an eighteen year old. That was so much better than the young souls that had been pulled from the big glass bowl in recent years. She could have a little bit of hope. Hope was so very dangerous. But, she still had some anyway. It was her nature as she ushered on to the train and pushed through pointing out to the tributes different places.

"This is where you will sleep, if you choose. It is a very long ride and you must be ready to be styled and get on those chariots the moment we arrive. We have the least amount of time to get you ready." Which was tragic and probably the reason they never looked as good as the closer districts. But, she had hope. Remember. "The bathroom, the sitting room. And finally, where all the food is at." She spoke out as they arrived into the main area.

It was donned in the prettiest and most expensive of decorations. The smells of the different and unknown foods was sometimes overwhelming, but Ellie stood by as she waited for any questions from either of the tributes. "It is a long ride. I hope we can make you comfortable."
PM
^
Gideon Blackwell
 Posted on: Nov 25 2017, 07:11 PM
walk through the fire
Mentor
arrow
Rep: 2 pts

After the reaping the dark haired victor had headed off to the train. Gideon had been worried as usual about the tributes. But , at least this year there hadn't seemed to be little kids. That had made it a tiny bit better he had supposed.This year he had try to have high hopes that they would bring someone home. But , those thoughts had always been short livid in the man's mind as time went on.

Upon entering the train the dark haired victor had headed for the dining car.
He had known that he had probably been a tiny bit late. But, he had not missed the train , so at least he hadn't been that late. But , there had been a good reason for that. The dark haired man had forgotten a few things and had needed to go home and get them. As he had taken a seat the female victor of the group had layed down some ground rules. Last years group hadn't seemed interested in questions all that much. To be honest it had been a bit of a relief and a break.

Despite that , he had still hoped this group would be interested in hearing from them. After breathe the dark haired man had crossed one of his longs legs over the opposite knee. To calm himself even more the dark haired man had poured himself a drink. " No questions is too small , so feel free." The dark haired victor soon had invited with a shy smile.
PM
^
Griffin Charcoal
 Posted on: Nov 26 2017, 02:19 PM
i shut my eyes, but the world's still burning
TRIBUTE
SQUIRREL
Rep: 9 pts

Griffin had been led from the stage directly into the Justice Building, and the heavy stone doors had slammed shut behind him. A peacekeeper walked on either side, their faces hidden by black visors, hands resting on the weapons sheathed at their hips; a silent threat.

He was pushed into an empty room with tiny windows, and told to wait. He knew the peacekeepers were still standing outside; no footsteps had moved away, and if he listened closely he could hear faint muttering. As an extra “fuck you” from the Capitol, a lock clicked into place -- as if Griffin needed to feel like more of a prisoner.

The new tribute wasn’t left waiting long -- the door burst open to a flurry of dark hair and worn-out clothes, and Griffin was all but tackled by the twins. Griffin pulled them in towards him, his grip firm as he hugged the two of them close. “Find Marigold, okay? She’ll look after you -- I know she will,” Griffin’s voice was low, a rough edge to his tone. “You know how much she loves you two. And besides, you need to give Sage a kick from me while you’re there, yeah?” The owners of the local apothecary had known the twins since they were toddlers; Griffin knew they’d watch out for Chiron and Chimera. As best they could, anyway.

The minutes ticked by too quickly. Griffin hated this. Hated it. How was he supposed to tell two twelve-year-olds that he’d probably never see them again? That he was most likely going to die -- and they were going to be forced to watch? And that even if he did somehow, by some accidental fluke or stroke of luck, manage to outlive twenty-three others, he wouldn’t be the same Griffin they knew. “Fuck. I’m… I’m fucking sorry, okay? I’m not going to fucking lie to you -- I can’t… I can’t make false promises,” he tried to mask the hoarseness in his voice by clearing his throat before continuing -- but the door started to open, and Chiron was pushing something small and wooden into Griffin’s hand; a little carving of a deer. It was unfinished, with a wonky antler and the fine details missing -- but Griffin’s lips twisted into a smile. “You know I don’t need anything to remember you by, yeah? You know that, Ron? Tell me you know that. Fuck. I’m… I’m sorry. I’ll try, okay. I’ll fight. I’ll fight with everything I have, and I’ll try -- I’ll fucking try to win.”

-----------------------------

And then, just like that -- in the blink of an eye, like the moment that embers spark into flames, silent yet roaring with ferocity, the tribute train sped him away from the only life he’d ever known.

He didn’t recognise District Twelve’s other tribute, but he knew the face of the female victor who was leading them through the train on a mock-tour. Her words washed over him, unnoticed, unheard; all he could think about were the faces of the twins as they’d been dragged away from him, and the feeling of the wooden figure--rough, cold--which he clenched in his fist.

The smells of the food cart brought Griffin back to the moment, and anger shot through his chest. “This is fucking bullshit,” he growled. It took every bit of self-control he had not to throw something at all the pretty decorations, or to smash one of the gold-plated crystal goblets against the wall. Wasn’t a simple cup good enough to drink from?

The female victor had some sort of expectant expression on her face -- and the male one was talking about questions or something. “Do we at least get to fucking eat, then?” He asked impatiently.

“And please, at any point, do feel free to tell me exactly how fucked I am. And. You know. Whether there’s anything I can fucking do about it.”

--------------------
Medic: +10 to medical supplies.
Aggro: Once a fight, tribute can attack twice in one post.
Healing Hands: Roll 1d20 for extra HP when using medical supplies on anyone.
PM
^
Eleanore Cinder
 Posted on: Nov 26 2017, 02:43 PM
thirty-two
Victor/Mentor
Issy

She took an audible breath in through her nose and pushed it out just as loud when she had heard the anguished words of the tribute. It wasn't that she hadn't heard curse words before, they were prevalent around the Capitol, just not in her day to day life. She just hadn't expected them so much from her tributes. There were plenty of emotions to experience when your own name was pulled from the bowl of doom and even Ellie knew that. In the most recent years... it was sadness and despair. Anger was natural, but she hadn't dealt with it in a while.

"Griffin, yes. I'm sorry. It is an awful circumstance." But, a forced one. The whole district could risk being blown to pieces if they didn't participate. At least the arena offered a small sliver of a winning odd - going against the wishes of the Capitol was a 100% death sentence, and they all knew it. "And please, eat whatever you want. It is all for you and your partner. And there will be more at the Capitol." There was always more. A wasteful amount of food and it was almost hard to stomach sometimes when she knew the people in Twelve were struggling for a freaking loaf of bread.

The next question of his was a little harder. Ellie moved into the room and took a seat in a comfortable chair. It was a force of habit to sit at the back of the train. Sometimes she would get lost in a book, it was sitting on the table next to her chair. But, that was for later, for when her tributes didn't need her immediate attention. Griffin seemed like he had the fire within him to make it.

"I cannot assess your odds until I have had a chance to see who else has been reaped. I can tell you that being eighteen already sets you above many of the rest. Do you have any talents? Do the careers scare you?" Most had at least seen a games, it was always broadcast and people didn't have to work with the intention that they would be watching it. However, Twelve's tributes hadn't gotten real far... for years.
PM
^
Gideon Blackwell
 Posted on: Nov 26 2017, 09:25 PM
walk through the fire
Mentor
arrow

Gideon had furrowed his eyebrows a bit at how much the male tribute had cussed. Gideon's first impression of the kid had been that he had seemed brash. That had worried the bright eyed victor a little. He had so hoped the kid wouldn't let that get in his way. Gideon had admired at how well Eleanore had seemed to handle the other boy. She had acted like the boy hadn't spoken in such away. At that thought Gideon could not help but think she would handle having kids with ease..

" Miss Eleanore is right about the odds. To be honest even then its hard tell.
Things turn around and change very quickly in the arena. Someone could be top odds and still might lose.
" Gideon had stated bluntly after a breathe, before taking a sip from his drink. " So, that means you still even might have a chance , even their low. If you try hard that is." The hazel eyed man had added after he had swallowed the liquid in his mouth. Gideon had known he had been blunt , but the kid seemed the type to take it. Plus Gideon's emotions had been a little on edge from the surprise of the other boy's cussing and brashness.

Gideon had wanted to say more , but he had wanted to hear the other boys answers to the female victor's questions first. So, instead he had reached for one of the danish on the table. He had needed some sugar to relax himself a little bit.
PM
^
Griffin Charcoal
 Posted on: Nov 27 2017, 08:17 AM
TRIBUTE
SQUIRREL

Well, at least Griffin was allowed to eat before being sent to his death. He moved towards the table and froze, just looking at the amount of food spread out. Bright colours, exotic smells -- Griffin didn’t even know what half of the dishes on offer were. He took a bowl of something which looked more familiar, more normal than the rest -- chicken, potatoes and mushrooms with a herby tomato sauce and crispy breadcrumb topping.

He took his cue from the female victor and found a chair on which to sit -- a simple wooden seat, not dissimilar to those he’d see in District Twelve houses. This one, of course, had a purple cushion with golden tassels fixed to the seat, but it looked altogether less claustrophobic than the big, squishy sofas and comfortable armchairs. He perched his feet on the rung between the chair’s two front legs and lightly rested the bowl of food on top of his knees. While the victors spoke, Griffin ate. It was the most delicious thing he’d ever tasted -- ever.

“Talents?” Griffin scoffed. “Oh, sure. I can handle a knife just fine -- you know, for chopping herbs and whittling wood,” he paused and took another mouthful of food, swallowing it quickly. “No. I’ve never fought, never held a weapon -- not even a pick-axe,” Griffin had been glad, at the time, to not be toiling his way through back-breaking work in the coal mines. When he turned eighteen, he’d almost needed to sign up just for the extra bit of coin he could bring home, but the three Charcoal siblings had managed to scrape by with the help of Marigold and Sage.

Oh.

“Plants,” said Griffin. “I’m good with plants. Not sure how much fucking help that’s gonna be when faced with six Careers trying to gouge my eyes out. But. It’s something, I suppose,” He let out a light, throaty laugh at the last words of the two victors. “Do they scare me? If I try hard? I’m no coward,” he paused, fury in his voice. “They’re only kids who have been trained since birth to enjoy killing the rest of us. They’re fucking terrifying, Cinder, but I’m not a bitch.”

--------------------
PM
^
Eleanore Cinder
 Posted on: Nov 28 2017, 07:36 PM
thirty-two
Victor/Mentor
Issy

It wasn't like his answers were atypical to what she was used to dealing with. At least it was something. Sometimes she would get lucky and get a tribute that was used to mining and wielding a pickax with a force to be reckoned with. That wasn't Griffin. The people of Twelve weren't known for being violent and for that she could be thankful. She wasn't sure she would want to live in a district where half or more of the teenagers were trained killers... how they didn't have more murders as the children became adults and not able to fulfill dreams in the arena was beyond her.

"Plants is a start. And it is something, don't under estimate it." Ellie gave a nod and soft smile. She was trying to be as encouraging as she could and she was hoping that it was working. The boy was at least coming down off the 'fuck' spree he had started with as the train lurched into motion towards the Capitol. They would pass through many different types of scenery before landing hours later into the bright lights of the Capitol. It was always the same for Ellie, but sometimes interesting for the tributes to observe out the windows.

She gave a light one laugh huff when he swore again and then called her Cinder. Ellie didn't have the heart to correct him, though it was her name, it wasn't something she had ever been called before. It would work, he had enough to deal with beyond being corrected on her name. "They are different than the rest of us, that is for certain. Watch them for weaknesses in the pre-games. We can work through some strategy. Especially, if you want to win."

She wished that they always wanted to win. However, she had been saddled with those that were destined to perish in the bloodbath too many times than she wanted to count. It was those who were hopeless and hopped on the train with the thought they were going to lose.
PM
^
Gideon Blackwell
 Posted on: Nov 29 2017, 09:21 PM
walk through the fire
Mentor
arrow

Gideon had nodded at the plants thing the duo had mentioned. " That's definitely a bit of a start. It could possibly save you from poisoning." The hazel eyed victor had mentioned before he had taken a bit of his treat. " Do you know anything about any poisonous plants?" The victor had went on to ask after he had swallowed his food. Gideon had wanted to keep prying , but he had wanted to know what they had been working with. They had needed to know what the kid already knew.

To be honest Gideon had wished that the guy would stop swearing so much. Gideon had also worried about the kid swearing in the interview portion. For the guy's sake Gideon had hoped that he wouldn't. He had doubted the people would like the kid too much if he had tossed those colorful words out too much. Part of it had to do with sponsorship after all. Sometimes even a little bit of help had been enough in various situations. But , Gideon had been worried about the younger man already. Despite that worry , Gideon had deiced not to say anything about just yet. "Try not to get on their bad side too much for obvious reasons either." Gideon had added on the topic of careers.
PM
^
Griffin Charcoal
 Posted on: Nov 30 2017, 08:54 AM
TRIBUTE
SQUIRREL

There was something in Eleanore’s expression which made Griffin uncomfortable. It was too soft, too gentle; in this world, strangers weren’t kind. “Save your pity for someone who wants it -- someone who needs it,” Griffin snapped suddenly. Eleanore seemed so reasonable, so certain and strong in her own way, and Griffin wasn’t entirely sure how to deal with someone being so patient. Griffin didn’t need to contemplate it for more than a moment, however, as the male victor posed a question of his own.

The tribute turned to Gideon, affronted. “I don’t say good lightly, Blackwell,” Griffin stood, placing his (now empty) food bowl on the nearest table, and stormed over to one of the plants near the entrance of the train carriage. “Dieffenbachia,” said Griffin, pointing at a small houseplant with distinctive yellow-white lines in the centre of the leaves. “Or: dumb cane, or leopard lily -- it doesn’t matter what you call it. A few bites and the leaves will start to burn your mouth and paralyse your tongue. A mild reaction; it won’t kill you, but it certainly won’t be pleasant,”

Griffin’s footsteps were quick; it only took him a few moments to move towards another of the plants which decorated the carriage -- this one with dark-green leaves and obnoxiously pink flowers. It was in a huge, glass case -- because, of course, why wouldn’t it be? “Nerium oleander -- you don’t normally see this inside,” said Griffin. “Eating a single leaf will start shutting down your body. If you catch the reaction quick enough, and make yourself sick, you might just escape death. But once the seizures start, there’s no District medicine that can help you,”

Griffin stared at Gideon for a few moments, then when he was certain he’d proved his point, moved back to the food table and took another dish: beef pot roast with root vegetables and thick gravy. “I told you. I know plants. And those aren't even ones you'd think of as explicitly poisonous -- not in the same way as foxglove, water hemlock, rosary pea, nightshade. I’m not a bitch. I know plants -- and I know that’s not enough. So tell me what you want me to do, and I’ll fucking do it. Watch for weaknesses? Don’t paint a target on my back? Fine,” Griffin paused briefly to eat a few mouthfuls of food. This bowl was just as delicious as the last -- rich and creamy where the other had been fresh and flavourful. Griffin’s gaze flicked around the room, then to the two victors, and then finally to the window, where the scenery outside was shifting from grey, smoky skies to warm sunshine and vibrant trees.

“And. Look. Of course I want to fucking win. I told them -- I told them I’d try. For them. But also--” Griffin cleared his throat. “Everyone has a fucking sob story, don’t they? People they care about. Families they’re leaving behind. Me? I’ve got two brothers. And… Fuck,” When Griffin spoke about plants, he didn’t need to think about anything else, didn’t need to feel anything else -- but now that he was done, now that he was sitting again, anger began to course through his veins and he desperately wanted to throw something at the wall. “If I die. If I die -- you, both of you, go to the apothecary -- you know, the one on Merchant’s Corner, near the bakery? And buy every fucking thing in that shop,” It wasn’t like they couldn’t afford it -- victors were given fortunes, after all. “And tell them. Fucking tell them I tried.”

His expression shifted into something unrecognisable. “But everyone’s got people to fight for, don’t they? I’ll try -- I’ll try for them. But it can’t just be for them, can it? That isn’t enough -- it can’t ever be enough. I want to win -- not just for them. I want to win, I want to try -- because I have to. Because… because I don’t want to fucking die.”

--------------------
PM
^
Lux Adora
 Posted on: Dec 3 2017, 02:11 AM
Inactive
Rep: 1 pts

Lux had left the stage with a huge smile on her pale features, completely satisfied with her first performance as an official escort. She made her way back to the train once her duties in Twelve were completed, secretly glad to be leaving the depressing district behind and return back to the lavish place she called home. The purple haired Capitolite had known what she'd be getting into when it came to District Twelve, but all the research and stories she'd heard couldn't quite prepare her for the real thing. Lux felt some empathy for the worst district in Panem but couldn't quite understand why they were so poor because of her privileged Capitol upbringing. The purple haired female boarded the train then headed straight for her compartment and lay down on the bed. She pulled out her bright pink, sparkly journal and a pen from her overnight bag and started writing in her new escort adventures journal.

Around half an hour later, Lux put her journal back into the bag and pulled herself to her feet. The purple haired female then looked herself over in the mirror, straightened her wig and brought a smile to her lips. She was a little nervous about meeting the District 12 Victors, and of course her first ever tributes. She hoped that they would like her and that she would be able to help them to the best of her ability, even though she believed that she wouldn't be the escort of twelve for long.

Lux took in a deep breath then left the compartment, heading towards the train car where the others were located. She entered the room with her head held high and beamed a smile at everyone. "Hello! Did I miss anything important? I should probably introduce myself, my name is Lux Adora and I'm looking forward to working with you all! I hope that I didn't interrupt you guys, I'm sorry if I did" She chirped, her nervousness making her ramble a little in front of them all. Her bright blue eyes travelled around the room, looking from the tributes to the Victors as she waited for someone else to speak.
PM
^
Eleanore Cinder
 Posted on: Dec 4 2017, 01:08 PM
thirty-two
Victor/Mentor
Issy

There were more and more curse words and Ellie had to work at keeping her composure at this point. She was shocked that someone grew up exposed to this much hatred and the need to express themselves this way. This mentor had been called a prude plenty of times, among others things. But, she more than anything felt bad for the boy who sat in front of her and just spouted out the millions of questions and comments on his mind.

Ellie just nodded along and chose not to say much anymore. The boy was already worked up enough and it seemed that there was nothing at this point that would calm him down. That was fine. It had been fine in the past when children cried or others that were hysterical. And definitely for those tributes that ended up in shock. There was simply nothing to be done about it.

She was just going to grab her novel that she had brought to read for much of the journey when the brand new escort came into play. Eleanore had been through plenty of escorts. They were always young and always bright-eyed. This one wasn't much different at first glance. "No, no. Perfect timing. It is nice to have you on the team, Miss Lux." She gave a gracious nod. It was more Ellie than anything so far. She was the welcoming one, the one who had only become calmer with age, or maybe she just had given up on being passionate about anything.

"Is this your first year?" Both brows went up quizzically as she looked her over with a pleasant smile. Anything was better than listening to Griffin say fuck six more times.
PM
^
Gideon Blackwell
 Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 04:49 PM
walk through the fire
Mentor
arrow

To be honest all the swearing from the boy had started to make Gideon twitch. Some part of his brain had wanted say stop freaking swearing in an angry tone. He could certainly feel the anger brush inside of him. Gideon had wanted to say something so bad , but deiced to do so later once again. " Impressive." Gideon had commented at the boy's plant info dump. After a breathe Gideon had taken a sip from his drink. " I can tell them that if you don't win. I promise." Gideon had offered with a small smile before taking another sip of his drink.

Soon the brightly colored escort had joined them in the car. " Hello there." Gideon had greeted as he had wondered a few things. So far the girl had seemed nice and not too over top. He had remembered his escort back in the day saying such weird things. " I love the color of your hair. Its very pretty." Gideon had commented as the train had jerked along the tracks. After speaking the dark haired victor had wondered if it had been okay to say. His brain had worried otherwise for many reasons. But , in the end he had told himself to shut up for many reasons too. Plus , starting an unrelated conversation had been a good distraction. Distraction had been good for Gideon at the moment , because he hadn't wanted to have an outburst of any kind.
PM
^
Griffin Charcoal
 Posted on: Dec 6 2017, 12:02 PM
TRIBUTE
SQUIRREL

There was a pause after Griffin’s words, a silence which hung in the air for a moment too long. That was fine — Griffin didn’t expect a reply, not really, but he appreciated Gideon’s short response nonetheless. He hoped the victor wasn’t the sort of asshole to hold false promises — but Griffin bitterly knew you couldn’t expect much from strangers in District Twelve.

Griffin gave the male victor a short, stiff nod in response—a silent thank you—and then turned his attention back to his bowl of food. There was a lump in Griffin’s throat that he couldn’t seem to shake — and he didn’t feel very hungry anymore, but Griffin wasn’t wasteful. He knew the twins would have been at Marigold’s by the time the train had left the District Twelve station and she’d have cooked them something warm — but the dry, flavourless food of District Twelve couldn’t hold a candle to the delicious banquet the Capitol had served the on the train. He stood and moved over to the food table, lingering there for a few moments while he forced himself to eat the last few mouthfuls of his beef stew. He placed the empty bowl down with more force than necessary, then replaced it with a steaming mug of ginger tea. It was warm and sugary — too sweet, as if Chimera had been let loose into the kitchen. (The corners of Griffin’s lips twitched into a brief smile at the thought).

Griffin moved back to the centre of the carriage, and was taking his seat once more when District Twelve’s newest escort introduced herself. Griffin’s expression was affixed in a cool stare — but, for now, he remained silent while the victors extended their greetings; he had nothing to say to the woman who had plucked his name from the glass reaping bowl.

(Though he was, at least, grateful that the name she’d chosen hadn’t been Chiron or Chimera’s).

--------------------
PM
^
Raven Anthracite
 Posted on: Dec 6 2017, 11:00 PM
you've got my head spinning
Student
Kacie
Rep: 1 pts

Saying goodbye had been hard for Raven. Though, she doubted that they were ever easy. For Raven it came with the fact that everyone was crying when they came into the room. Even her big brothers who had once told her to face a bully by punching them in the nose and then patted her on the back when she had done just that had tears streaming down their faces. And Raven knew that she couldn't cry. She had seen too many news broadcasts where the tributes left the justice building with blotchy faces and red eyes. They always looked like they had given up already. Raven wasn't about to give anyone that impression. Instead she just tried to stay calm. She reassured them over and over again that she would fight. She would fight. And if there was any possible way that she could return home to them then she would do it. And they would never have to go hungry ever again. She told her nieces and nephews that if she won that they could all come to her house in the Victor's Village for every meal. That had at least caused them to smile. She held on to the sight of those smiles and they helped to keep her strong throughout all of her goodbyes.

When she made it to the train, her eyes were dry and her arms remained crossed over her chest. Her chin was held high in what she hoped would be defiance and she didn't look at a single reporter that yelled for her attention.

Once on the train, she deflated a bit. Being surrounded by such luxury reminded her what had happened, what she would be facing. ”I'm just going to look around my room. Maybe change into something comfortable.” Her voice sounded stronger than she had thought that it would as she excused herself. She shut her compartment door behind her. She almost didn't make it into the washroom of the room that was pointed out as hers before she was retching over the sterile porcelain toilet. She emptied the contents of her stomach before finally feeling like maybe she would be alright. Finally she stood up shakily and made it to the sink. She grabbed a washcloth and ran cold water on it before wiping her face. Luckily, she found a toothbrush and toothpaste in the cabinet above the sink and used them.

She knew that she couldn't just walk out there now without changing, since that had been what she had claimed that she was going to do. Walking over to the dresser in her sleeping quarters, she pulled out a couple of drawers. They were all completely full. How many clothes did they think she would need before she got to the Capitol? She pulled out quite a few things and looked at them before tossing them in the floor, deeming them not her style or not thinking they would be comfortable enough. Finally she found an oversized sweater and a pair of leggings and decided that would work perfectly. She pulled them on and then made her way into the lounge car where she could hear voices.

It seemed that everyone was already there. Even that escort who had broken her family's good luck streak and called her name. Raven frowned. The smell of food caught her attention and she expected it to make her feel sick again, only it didn't. It seemed that thankfully her nerves had calmed enough that her stomach no longer turned. Instead, it now grumbled at the smell of the food. She saw her fellow tribute with a bowl of something, so she assumed that it would be alright to eat.

She helped herself to a bowl of rice with some sort of chicken in sauce before sitting down as well. ”What did I miss?” She asked before shoving a bit of food into her mouth. As soon as she had, she paused chewing and looked down at the bowl. How did they even make something so simple have so much flavor? She shrugged and continued chewing before looking back up to those gathered around the room with a raised brow.

--------------------
Aggro (Once a fight, tribute can attack twice in one post)
Starvation (Can go one day without food)
Bravado +5 to attack when facing more than one opponent (Whether she is alone or not)
PM
^
Eleanore Cinder
 Posted on: Dec 8 2017, 08:49 AM
thirty-two
Victor/Mentor
Issy

A lot of profanity. Ellie's mind instantly had gone to that. Really, it was hard to understand any of what Griffin had to say without being distracted by the word fuck over and over again. She figured that the escort would fix it, or she would have to before his interview. Otherwise, she knew that getting him donations was going to be a problem. Twelve didn't have great luck in the first place. This didn't make it better.

She put on a sweet smile as she set her book aside that she was about to read, but the tributes were always first. "Welcome Raven. Eat, eat. We have a long ride." Hours. Lots of hours. She hated this part. But, mostly because it took forever and there was not enough small talk in the world to be had with a kid that was facing death. They were given a terminal diagnosis and she was having to be the miracle worker coming up with a last-ditch save.

"You didn't miss much. We haven't really started planning anything." It was the truth. She had asked the boy if he had strengths or skills, but that wasn't really anything that would be considered a true or solid plan.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem Flickering Darkness City of Light: The 100 RPG

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.