admins
updates
� July 2nd
CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST VICTOR PROSPER PINE! Read about it here - The In The End
� July 2nd
The July Newsletter is up! Take a read - Thank you!
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

Rock & Roll, +Bishop
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 18 2018, 01:13 PM
There's not enough Rope to tie me down.
D1 Female
Felix
Rep: 9 pts

Chard knew that if she wanted to go into the games this year, she had to become the favorite female tribute. She had to outshine, outdo and outperform anyone else who wanted the spot. It was why she had been in the training center every day, hours extra, just to get extra training in. Maybe it wouldn't make her the strongest, but it would show that she was dedicated to the games and that she really wanted this slot.

She had also made it a point to interact with people while she was in the training center. That was the hard part for her, to show those that were watching her that she could be a team player. She was willing to do whatever it took to get out of the games. Her brother was rather disappointed that she even wanted to go into the games but she made it perfectly clear that it wasn't his decision.

The young woman made her way towards the meeting spot where she was to meet Bishop for their training session that day. She had been up since four am and already run three miles, had a protein packed lunch and lifted a couple of weights. Now she stood in the center of the training center, her hair pulled back away from her face. She had her game face on, she was ready to train, ready to put forth the effort it took to show these punks that she belonged in the games.

She stared at a boy across the training center who was eyeing her and she smiled coyly and offered him a little wave. When she heard footsteps from behind her she whipped around and smiled. "Afternoon...."

--------------------
Looking Sharp: Starts the games with a whetstone to sharpen blades by +2
Pack Mentality: (+5 to tribute when with allies)
Focus: +5 to a weapon type - please dictate a focus in reasoning response
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Mar 18 2018, 10:20 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One
Rep: 2 pts

Another year had went by in which District One had produced no Victors. Once again, they had been close, it seemed like every year they had a tribute who was close enough but who was unable to close the deal. Victoria had been affected by the Career Pack's separation and lack of strength of her allies, Sebastian had not had a killer instinct, and Antiope had been too arrogant. This year things had to change, especially when District Four had produced two Victors in back-to-back years. They were starting to be considered the superior Career District, a narrative that only made Bishop's job a lot harder.

How to motivate the Careers he trained when even they were painfully aware that District Four was proving to be superior so far?

But something had to give. District One had to gain back their splendour, to show that they were better than Four who kept winning and Two who kept being runner-up. Bishop was confident Theodore would be great, but the female tribute was a much more complicated spot to pick. A lot of girls were ruthless, but there had to be some balance. If past Games had proven anything it was that district partnership was key.

He had been training all the girls one after another, checking what they had to offer. Some were fast, some were strong, but none of them had the passion of Antiope, the intelligence of Artemis or the charm of Victoria. Careers seemed to think it was just about killing, about having no emotions, when they didn't realize the best Careers had been those who had more of a story, more emotions, something more than just stone-cold killer instincts.

"Hello," he said as he approached the next candidate Chardonnay White. He was part of the council, a spot he had earned after a lot of hard work, and while his voice was not the loudest, he had some say. She turned around and responded to him, it seemed like she had been flirting with a boy before. A distraction of sorts, was it not? But perhaps, that was important. Had Victoria not been a flirt? "Know him?" he asked as he stretched pointing at the boy with his thumb, maybe if he got to know the girls better he would be able to make a more informed decision.
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 20 2018, 08:33 PM
D1 Female
Felix

Chradonnay smiled at the trainer that greeted her. She eyed him up and down a bit before shaking her head to the question he asked. "No, just trying to be friendly." She grinned and rocked back on her toes. "So, what are we learning today? I'm ready for anything." And she wasn't lying. She wanted to prove to those around her that she was worthy of going into the games. Even if people doubted that she could play nice with others. Sure, she was a bit of tough piece to chew on, but she had it in her to do what it would take to work with the others in the pack if need be.

She wasn't stupid, she had spent the time from when she turned twelve to now, studying all the other games that she could. Breaking down what went wrong, why a one didn't win, and where they could improve. It had been ingrained in her mind and it was the task she was going to complete, she only trusted as far as she could throw someone but she also knew that she needed to be able to work with them, she was willing to compromise while still keeping her wits about her.

Her eyes glanced around the area before she stepped towards Bishop and show that she was ready to go. She flicked her hair up into a ponytail before rolling up her sleeves. "I'm ready when you are." She offered him a smile.

--------------------
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Mar 21 2018, 10:51 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One

Bishop nodded lightly as he watched the interaction, a Career who could create bonds with others was important. Not only to solidify a good place in the Pack itself, but to have connections with other Districts who could back them up by the time the Pack broke off. It was a delicate balance, because often times Careers left the Pack too quickly to go play house with a lower district with who had no combat background which ended being their undoing. A Career had to be likable and friendly enough, but not to the point where they would let it cloud their better judgment.

So far Chardonnay seemed to have the right balance. Maybe.

There was a lot of work before any Career was ready for the Arena, and while Chardonnay seemed to be the right one, it was hard to tell. After all, the right one had failed them time and time again. There had to be something they were all missing. But, what?

Chardonnay stepped up, putting her hair up into a ponytail and saying she was ready. Bishop stared back at her for a few seconds before nodding, ”Okay, tell me then... what are your strengths? What weapons are you best at? What is your go-to? What are the things that you would do good?” and then after a small pause, ”And what are your struggles? What areas of improvement do you have? Not just with weapons and combat, but in general.” self-awareness would be key. And then, they could train.
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 22 2018, 07:04 PM
D1 Female
Felix

Bishop wasn't convinced, she could tell by the way he studied her, the way he looked her over. She had to show this guy that she knew how to be a team player but also knew when to go it alone. When and how to break off from the pack in order to win. How to make allies that will keep her alive. She wasn't stupid, and she was one hell of an actress. She smiled sweetly at the man that stood in front of her as he asked her the questions that might throw someone off, but not Chard, she knew the answers to all of them. She had been thinking about what she could say, how she would answer a certain question and what exactly she could improve on. She knew that she wasn't perfect but she could play it off rather well.

There was nothing that could throw her off at this point. Her face softened and she looked up at Bishop. "Strengths, I have been studying the games since I was ten years old. I could tell you the winners of each games, why they won, what when wrong with the pack and what I would differently. I also know that the pack is my biggest advantage and my worst enemy. I know that I need have a backup plan in case they turn on me, or when I get the end of the games." She took in a breath and looked around the training center. What weapons was she good at. Most of them she had dabbled with a little but one might be surprised as to which was her favorite.

"Weapons are like an extension of your body. You have to learn to move gracefully with them. They can control you completely if you aren't careful. Bishop, I have worked with many of the weapons in the training center, however, I have to say that my favorite are the katars. But I am good with anything bladed really. Not too great at the ranged weapons, but I'm alright. I can hit a target if I really try. I prefer close combat." She let out a sigh and looked back at him. "Everyone has room for improvement. Mine is, and I hate to say it, is working well with others. Granted I can do it, I know it's a must and I'm a damn good actress and put on a hell of a front. But people grind on my nerves. Always have I guess." She shrugged and looked back at the training center.

"Look, I can't stand here and tell you for sure that I'm the best damn career that you've got, but what I can tell you is I've been preparing for this since I was young. I want this so bad, I can taste the blood on my tongue and the sweet victory that's to come with the spilled blood. I'm tactical but also know when to let someone else lead. I'm not stupid and I'm not going to make the mistakes that past careers have." She nodded and crossed her arms over her chest.

--------------------
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Mar 23 2018, 11:15 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One

It was obvious that Chardonnay really cared about becoming the chosen Career to become a tribute. Her passion was palpable through her every word, and even though she seemed to be saying the right things, Bishop was not fully convinced that he would be giving her his vote of confidence. Not yet at least. Passion was one thing, but the katars were a weapon which was too specialized and had not made an appearance in the actual Arena in a while. She was claiming a lot of things, but could she back it up?

"You are right, weapons are an extension of your body, and so are ranged weapons. Perhaps," he grabbed a belt with throwing knives, "Try these," if ranged was her weakness then that was what she had to practice, as well as her admission of not knowing how to work with others, "You are going to be hitting those targets over there, and while you do that. I want you to list to me the last... let's say three Games and the Careers, tell me what mistake they made, what was wrong with the Pack and what you would do differently," she said she could list that so it was time for her to put her money where her mouth was. The exercise would show her ability to do more than one thing at once, one that she said she was good at, and one she was apparently needing some coaching. At the same time, it would show her problem-solving skills, and particularly with the Pack show if she could really work well as part of a team.

This was a test. One that could determine whether he supported her induction as their tribute or not.
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 24 2018, 12:55 AM
D1 Female
Felix

She was getting somewhere with Bishop, he seemed to understand her passion for the games. Why she wanted to a part of them and where she came from. It was the world that was made for her and she had to be in it. She smiled at the man standing in front of her when he offered her up a challenge. Grab the throwing knives and use them on the targets laid out before her. All the while, telling him about the things she said she could. It wasn't just a challenge, it was a test.

Her hands scooped up the knives and placed them in an armband. She pulled the first one from the belt and looked at the targets. She narrowed her eyes and smiled before aiming the first knife. "Haunted Castle...District one Male....Arkadius Solaré. Arrogant, full of himself...He put too much trust in his district partner and didn't have a back-up plan when that all failed." She threw the knife, aiming for the center of the target. Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3 "District one Female, Victoria Vitale, she was something else." Her eyes narrowed and she turned to Bishop and let out a sigh. "Trying to be the leader of a group of wild Careers. Things never work out the way you want. But in the end, she couldn't control the wild pack. She let Epitaph, the boy from District two, get the better of her. They separated the pack way too early. It gave them all a disadvantage. They made alliances with some of the lower districts. Which is all fine and dandy..." She threw another knife at the target, aiming for outer edge of the bullseye. Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3

"However, they underestimated the lower districts." She sighed and then looked over at Bishop. "The girl from District two, Silvia Roth...she was a joke. Sh turned the pack against in the very beginning. Showing weakness, showing that she didn't want to be a part of the pack and even if she did, she failed. She chose the wrong allies and in the end, she paid for it with her life. The fours...well they were both soft. The girl, Kandria Rinzler, didn't even make into the bloodbath. She died off the platform before the games started. The boy, Karim Asherah, he was soft. So soft...He died, trying to protect a boy who actually won the games...it was his downfall." She threw another knife at the target. Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3

1=On target
2=hit target but not where aimed
3=miss

--------------------
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Mar 24 2018, 07:01 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One

The smile was not surprising, she was clearly up to the challenge as she should have been. Any Career who was challenged and declined was not the type of tribute that should be in the Arena. And Chardonnay stepped up to the challenge, Bishop looked at her with crossed as arms listening to what she was saying as she drew the knives and threw them. The words were hitting home, but the knives were not. She knew her craft but multi-tasking and the challenge of ranged weapons was not working for her.

He approached her and stepped behind her before she could throw the next knife, he grabbed her arm and helped her with the motion. "It's fluid, an extension of your arm," his hand grabbed her hip and pushed it forward slightly, his other hand tapping her hind leg, "Use your whole body, take the strength from the ground, use your hip to make it whip, let the energy go all the way from down here," tap to her foot, "...to up jere," her hand. He stepped back, it was time for another test, could she improve? Could she continue with the challenge and take notes on the go? Or would she stop talking, or continue missing?
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 24 2018, 10:26 PM
D1 Female
Felix

All three of her damn knives missed, although, she couldn't say she was surprised. She did tell Bishop that she wasn't good at ranged weapons. However, the practice was the way to get better and with Bishop helping her, perhaps it would be easier to the hang of it quicker. When all three missed, he stepped up behind her and grabbed her arm. He helped her with he motion and spoke to her softly. Fluid, an extension of her arm, as she had told Bishop. He was right, she was just using her arm, just throwing it not using her whole body. That was when his hand found her hip and pushed it forward slightly. Some girls might have giggled or played into the touch. But Chard, she didn't make take anything from it other than him trying to help her. Flirting, it was stupid and she didn't believe that Bishop was flirting with her. But some other careers might. He tapped her hind leg and she followed his movements and nodded as he spoke.

She took in a deep breath and tried to take in all he was saying but she wasn't going to drop the challenge and give up. She smiled once more and took another knife from the sleeve. She cleared her throat and nodded her head as she let out a slow breath. "Sebastian Valor, weak, follower, not enough personal strength or confidence." She nodded and swung her arm, using the muscles in her legs, following through with her body and letting the knife fly straight for the target. Dice Roll: 1d3: 1 = 1 As the knife flew towards the target, started speaking again. "Artemis Opulentos, District one female, she didn't put enough trust in the pack and she paid for it with her life. Kayleigh the District Female, took her out because she went for the same weapon, she didn't trust the girl from one after that." She shrugged and readied another knife as she spoke.

"District 2 male, Shale Marol...He had a lot going for him. A girl back home, a wonderful tact behind him, but when it came down to the end, the girl from six took a lot out of him. As much as the girl from four, Circe, trusted and liked Shale, there could only be one winner. Circe had more power, more luck in the swings that followed." She let the knife fly. Dice Roll: 1d3: 1 = 1 "It was sad really, one game that actually disappointed me, and not because Circe won, but because she had stood there for a moment while the girl from six attacked her trusted ally. A strategy I suppose, I probably would have done the same. But Cicre....Now she played it all pretty much right...Power, control and in the end...a victory."

--------------------
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Mar 25 2018, 12:26 AM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One

Bishop had always been really focussed with training, he never thought things would get awkward or uncomfortable for one of the Careers. He needed to touch them from time to time to correct their positions, and there was nothing else to it. Of course, from time to time a Career had tried to cross the line between trainer and trainee but he had never been scared to stop things on their tracks. He was not going to be one of those predatory trainers who slept with their students.

Chardonnay kept it professional, as she should have, and as Bishop stepped back he was pleased to hear her continue with the description of the Games. When she stepped to aim the knife he saw her taking the notes he had given her, using her entire body to throw the knife. The first target was hit, but she didn't react. A smile appeared on his face though, and she continued talking. Her words about Sebastian and Artemis were harsh, but she was right, she could really recognize the weakness in the previous tributes from One, and acknowledge the good skills that more successful Careers like Circe and Shale had displayed.

It showed she could take instructions and apply them, not as successfully as he would have wanted as she had needed corrections from the original statement. But it had been a success, and a quick one which was key in the Arena.

"Good job, you can stop now. I can see you are good at taking instructions and applying them," he moved from behind her to the front, "You say you want to model your strategy after Circe's, what is the one thing that would differentiate you from her, or what can you do better?" Circe was a great starting point, considering One had not had a Victor in a while but he needed to know she had a mind of her own as well.

The test was not over yet.
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Mar 31 2018, 12:05 PM
D1 Female
Felix

Chardonnay had since turned off her emotions for people. Ever since she lost the love of her life to the selfish act of suicide she knew that getting involved with anyone was a mistake. However, the girl knew how to fake it. She wasn't stupid, she knew that people needed to feel that comfort of 'trust' or whatever other kinds of emotion there was to throw their way. Caring, kindness, empathy, all those bullshit feelings that people insisted on having. But she hadn't thought that a strict trainer like Bishop would be trying to cop a feel or take advantage of her. That was just stupid.

When her first knife hit the center of the target, she refused to smile. She knew she had more to prove, and one shot could appear to be luck rather than skill. She had picked up on what he had been laying down though and she knew that in the long run, she could earn that spot in the games. Chardonnay was a very observant girl, not to mention she learned best with hands on. It was so much easier with Bishop giving her the change to actually prove herself than it was for him to just interview her or 'watch her train.'

The girl from one could adapt and with the proper skills given by her trainers, not only here but in the training center, once she reached the games, she knew she would be a hell of a contender. She would make them see that was a damn good investment.

After she threw the second knife and hit the target, he asked her to stop. She smirked and turned to him. She relaxed her stance a bit, however, she knew she wasn't done yet. Bishop complimented her, but it wasn't enough. Throwing knives and being able to repeat what happened in the games didn't show her what she had to offer. Then the question came, how would she differ herself from Circe? She smiled and set the knives down on the table. "Bishop, I am the type of girl that knows how to get what she wants and needs. I also know when to shut my mouth. Unlike Circe..Don't get me wrong, she's a smart career. But there were times in the games when she could have done better. The pack shouldn't have split up so soon, but I guess in the end in played in her favor."

She took a couple of steps back and took in a deep breath. "I also have my own fighting style, my own personality and I am not someone that will cause unnecessary conflict just because I am arrogant. Well, she was arrogant, perhaps it worked for her, but I am just confident, not arrogant. I know I have flaws and I will not let my arrogance get in the way of a win."

--------------------
PM
^
Bishop Caballero
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 03:42 PM
---
Trainer
Alex
District One

Bishop nodded along as he listened to what Chardonnay was saying, she was making a lot of great points which only added to her value as a Career. She was good at selling herself, and she knew how to speak to others, particularly those who had some power over her. That would come in handy, if all that she was saying were things that were accurate and true, then Bishop could see her working well with a Career Pack. Chardonnay did not seem like the leader type, but every Pack needed someone to stand in the shadows doing all the heavy work, it seemed to fit her personality more, either way.

Suddenly, a buzz word and his eyebrows lifted, "What are your weaknesses?" he finally asked as he crossed his arms staring at her. A lot of Careers claimed to know what they were flawed at, but very few actually had enough self-awareness to give a concise answer.
PM
^
Chardonnay White
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 04:46 PM
D1 Female
Felix

She smiled at him and shrugged her shoulders. What were her weaknesses? She wasn't so arrogant that she didn't know she had flaws. She took in a breath and looked down at the targets. "Ranged weapons...Not my strong suit but I also know with further training I can get better at it. Another weakness I have is, I don't like people. Don't get me wrong, I know how to placate to people. But I know that at some point it may reach a point where I can't take their shit anymore. But again, I know that I need to keep my mouth shut when it comes to pack, at least until we can make a clean break and not be desperate for allies. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with."

She then looked around the room at the people in the room. "I don't work well with others unless I have to. I tend to isolate myself and I know that it is something I have to work on. I think I can work alright with the careers. It gives me an advantage. I am certainly not going to get attached to anyone...Makes it easier to kill them that way." She grinned at Bishop.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.