admins
updates
� July 2nd
CONGRATS TO OUR NEWEST VICTOR PROSPER PINE! Read about it here - The In The End
� July 2nd
The July Newsletter is up! Take a read - Thank you!
� June 15th
The 124th Intent List is now available! Looking forward to seeing all your new characters.
� June 10th
JUNE NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� April 14th
Gamemaker Sessions will be due May 2nd!! Make sure you take your time and read the rules.
� April 9th
Vote for a Bloodbath DateHere!!
� March 5th
Check out the March Newsletter.
� February 3rd
The 123rd Intent List is up. I can't wait to see those new tributes!!!!
� February 3rd
The February Newsletter is posted! Lot's of fun stuff!
� January 23rd
The February Nominations! are up. Please, please spread the love to our awesome characters and players!
� December 23rd
The January Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� December 20th
The GAMEMAKER SESSSIONS are due DECEMBER 30th!
� December 1st
Look at that it's the DECEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� November 23rd
The December Nominations! are up. Please, please take the time to nominate some characters. :)
� November 20th
I know that some people might like to communicate through Discord - So here it is! AGAINST THE ODDS DISCORD
� October 22nd
October Activity Check is right here, please complete this by October 31st! Thanks!
� October 2nd
Look at that it's the OCTOBER NEWSLETTER!
� October 1st
Half of the tributes are gone...that means --- 122nd Intent List.
� September 1st
Look at that it's the SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER!
� August 11th
TRIBUTES! Make sure you get signed up for the events, these count towards HP in the games. Thanks! Event Sign Up!
� August 5th
AUGUST NEWSLETTER is up in the Announcements! And the new OTM images are to the right. Congrats to the winners!
� March 24th
It is our GRAND OPENING DAY! Welcome to ATO!
� March 8th
Welcome to Against The Odds! You may begin joining, but we are still under construction and things may still change. We are hoping that our Grand Opening will be March 24th!!
credits
Skin coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black.
Credit for mini profile goes to bee @ shine
Credit for Header Image goes to WesleyChen @ DeviantArt
of the month

Add Reply
New Poll

Kiva Cooper, Emmie // Lola Flanery
Kiva Cooper
 Posted on: Jun 2 2018, 11:02 PM
The Struggle is Part of The Story
Student
Emmie
District Six
Rep: 0 pts

user posted image

KIVA COOPER
14 || DISTRICT 6 || STUDENT

Also Known As: Ki, Kiki
Relations: Biological Father: Arlo Cooper
Father: Axel Cooper
Mother: Revaline (Deceased)

Play-By: Lola Flanery

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To The Mother I Lost,

Hi Mama. I know that you didn't want to leave me. I know that you didn't have a choice and that you fought as hard as you could to come home to me the same way that Daddy came home to us. I know that if given the choice you always would have stuck by my side. I love you for that and I know you loved me.

What was it like when you first met me, Mama? Was it wonderful? I imagine meeting you for the first time was wonderful. I wish that I could remember it. I wish I could remember the sound of your voice. I wish I could remember what it felt like to be held and hugged by you. I wish that I knew what it was like to hear you say that you loved me. I wish I had been old enough to tell you that I loved you too. I just know what you looked like since I have a picture of you on my desk that daddy gave to me.

I really wish that you could see me now. I hope that you would be proud of the person that I have turned into. I have been trying really hard to be good for daddy and dad. Dad and I do our best to look after daddy when he is having an especially hard time with things. He has nightmares and whenever it gets rainy or foggy or stormy he gets really upset too...I wish I could help him see the beauty in the storms the way that I do.

I'm doing the best that I can without you, but it's hard sometimes. There are just some things I wish that I could talk to you about that I don't really like talking about with either of my dads. I wish I had someone to teach me how to use this make up that daddy brought home from the Capitol. I would love your opinion on outfits and new ways to do my hair. I just...I really wish I had you too.

I feel selfish thinking that. I have two amazing parents and so many people here have none or the ones they have are terrible, but...I can't help it. I just...try to keep it to myself. I don't want daddy to know because I am afraid it would upset him more and I don't want dad to think he isn't good enough.

I love you, Mama. Maybe someday, somewhere we will get to meet again.

Love,
The Little Girl Who Was Left Behind, Kiva

---------------------------------------

To The Father Who Needs Me,

I need you too.

I have always needed you and I will always need you, but I know you need me too. I want you to know that I will always be there for you. I don't sleep well and that's not your fault. Sleep has never been one of my strong suits. But it allows me to check in on you at night. To make sure you aren't having one of those awful nightmares. I will always come wake you so you can escape when you are. I will always come hug you or snuggle up to you until you feel better. I feel better when I am with you too.

I will always be there to hold your hand and get us somewhere sheltered if we get caught out in the rain. I'll continue to make sure the curtains are all closed before I go to bed at night so that you don't have to worry about the morning fog. I'll hug you and try to distract you as much as I can when storms roll through. I will always be there for you. Some would say our roles are a little backwards, but I don't mind.

I just hope you can be there for me too. You already fought your way through the Hunger Games to get back to me before I even made my grand entrance into this world. Before you even held me in your arms. I know that you would do anything for me and I love you so much. I just hope that I can make you proud.

I do my best in school, even if I hate going. You know I would love to stay home and read the books you bring me home all day and write my own little stories. Think that could count as my schooling? I mean, I already know the history of Panem, and...who really needs math? Think about it and let me know. We could spend more time together that way.

Love,
The Daughter Who Will Always Be there, Kiva

To The Father Who Didn't Have To Love Me,

Thank you for doing so anyway. I don't think I will ever be able to thank you enough for all that you have done for me and daddy. I don't know how we would have ever made it through any of this without you. I know that it was you who cared for me when I was just a little newborn without my mom and dad. I know that you cared for me and daddy when we lost mom. You became our family quickly and you raised me like I was your own.

There are so many people in this district who are missing both their parents or their parents are not good to them. You have always been good to me. You have helped me through the hard times of taking care of daddy. I am so glad I can call you my dad. I am so lucky to have both of you in my life.

I know that sometimes I get upset with you. I just...I get frustrated with everything and I don't know what to do about any of it. You've never held a grudge...you know that I love you and appreciate everything you do and have done for me. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for loving me like your own.

Most of all, thank you for loving my daddy so unconditionally. Thank you for staying by his side and helping him through everything, even when you were struggling with your own problems. My daddy needs all the love and support he can get and I don't think I could do any of it without you.

Love,
The Girl Who Is Proud You Are Her Second Dad, Kiva

To My Future Self,

Don't let anyone try and change who you are. This is something that we have been struggling with lately. So many kids at school think of you as the spoiled rich kid who doesn't know hardship. You've had people becoming your friend to use you. You have had people try bully you and try to take your things. You've had pages torn from your favorite books and had people scribble all over pages you had written stories on in your notebook. You've been knocked down, but you have always gotten up.

I know that it is hard sometimes, but don't let them dull your sparkle, Kiki. Keep enjoying books, keep writing stories, and keep being you. It's hard sometimes to not fall in line with the crowd, but...I think we can do it. We just need to be us. We've debated doing some bad things lately...to get the other kids to like us. I don't think we should do them. We should stay strong.

One day someone will love us for who we are, just like our dad's do. We don't need to change for anyone. We've got this.

Love,
The Younger You Who Doesn't Want to Lose Herself
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OOC Name: Emmie
Pronoun: She/Her
Reference: Making for Shaney <3

PM
^
Kiva Cooper
 Posted on: Jun 4 2018, 03:02 PM
The Struggle is Part of The Story
Student
Emmie
District Six
Rep: 0 pts

Miss Kiva is done!
PM
^
Issy
 Posted on: Jun 4 2018, 05:43 PM
Seize the Day
thirty-two
admin
Issy
Admin
Rep: 3 pts

ACCEPTED

Your application has been accepted! Now, it is time to complete all the CLAIMS that apply to your character. We hope that you have a great time continuing to build your character through Against The Odds!

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
PanemForever RPG Initiative RPG-D HH One More Light Black Prism PanemForever ruinandrise Mystic Mayhem A marvel infinity war rp City of Light: The 100 RPG Time Won

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.